• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Amazing Suture / Stitching Technique Makes Spaying of Females a lot less hassle!

TKC

I recently brought two rescue Cavaliers to be spayed at Anicare Vet Clinic in Blanchardstown.

When I collected the girls I noticed their spay wounds were so clean and I could not see any stitches. It was as if nothing had been done.

10 days later I called to ask about getting their stitches removed to be advised that there is no removal as the technique folds the skin in on itself and there are only internal stitches.

This is great news because the dogs did not have to wear a big buster collar around their necks, neither was bothered by the wound or tried to eat at the stitches since there were none and both girls seemed very comfortable and back to themselves again in no time (the evening after I collected them)

This makes SPAYING far easier for dog and owner.

For more information contact Anicare Veterinary [email protected]

Photos to follow

Yes, our little girl was spayed recently and our vet used this technique with her stitches. She still went for check ups on the third and tenth day, but no stitches needed removing and her tiny wound always looked incredibly neat and clean. This is my first dog so I wasn't sure what to expect and didn't really know any different, but everyone who saw her said her wound looked really tiny and neat.:p

Oh this was the same with Holly. There were internal stitches and the wound very clean. We were happy to hear she didnt have to wear a big collar too. :)

Back