• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi All, we're back!

Wonderful news!! I thought about you last night and hoped everything would go well for you and Toby this morning. Praying he's home soon with you.

So glad to hear his operation went well. :lotsaluv: Hoping he'll feel better soon and can go home with you. :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw:

TOBY is HOME!!!!!!:w**h**:

We are so glad, the vet brought back to the town where we live and he is looking so well.

He has about 14 stitches from his chest to his neck and is a bit restless at the moment.

I have to keep giving him loads of calcium tablets at the moment in case his levels fall and then take him back next Wednesday for a check up before I go away.

But i am just soo glad he is home. I had a lovely suprise on my mobile when I go up this morning. The vet had gone over to see Toby and had taken a photo of him on his mobile and sent me a good night text from Toby. I was so touched by it this morning. How many vets would do that?

Anyway going to sleep downstairs with him tonight just in case.

:jump:

Awwww...that's so sweet that your vet did that!! So glad he's home and recuperating with you. Give me a little kiss from me!!

A terrible night

Hi Everyone
Just to let you all know that Toby had to be rushed back to the vets last night. He was very unwell.

All evening he was constantly trying to itch his face and panting madly, it got to the point where we had tried everything to calm him down and I decided to call the emergency vet (thinking they would have me down as a nuisance pet owner), the vet said to try and walk Toby to see and if this helps. We just took him down the road and he collapsed so I carried him back to the house and contacted the vet again who said he would meet me over at the surgery at gone 11pm last night. (I must admit it wasn't our usual vet and I wasn't too keen on him)

He was all prepared once we got there with a drip and everything, the vet said that the scratching was a sign of low calcium levels which can happen when you have an Op like Tobes and he was really worried as Toby was also over heating.

Anyway after an hour of keep Toby wrapped in wet towels etc and being on the calcium drip Toby was so much better but was soooo shattered as he had not been able to sleep all day. I was also proud of myself as the vet had asked for my assistance in getting the drip into Toby and normally I can't cope with those things, but I just kept thinking of my little boy!

He stopped in over night and the vet called this morning say that he had done another blood test and Toby's levels were still low, so he is going to stop in another 24 hours.
I am just so glad we have an emergency vet and a surgery so close as I honest don't think he would have survived the night.

Fingers crossed for me and Toby that he is better tomorrow. Its horride not to have him here but I know he is in the best place and well get fantastic care.

Oh I am so sorry to hear you've been having health problems with Toby :(

He's always been one of my favorites! I hope that things stabilize soon and that he's able to go back to his happy go lucky self. Good luck *HUGZ*

:lotsaluv:

Hey All
Just to let you know Toby ended up back at the vets late Monday night.
He is going to stop there now for the next few days, although he is getting all the fuss and attention he could want with the vets and nurses lol.

He is still having a few problems with his calcium levels which means he is going hypothermic hence why he is having to stop in. They are now trying cow strenth calcium and are going to do blood test to check how it affects his levels. We are hoping he will be back to normal in no time.

I'm going away for a few days and Uncle James the vet has been so nice and is going to text me with updates on Toby while I am away.

I can't belive how quiet the house is without him snoring lol. Oh well as long as he is feeling better thats all that matters.

Oh my gosh...you've both been through so much. I'm so relieved that you have such great service from your vet. Hoping and praying Toby is feeling better soon.

Back