Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi All, we're back!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone
    I have found a few websites in case anyone is interested. This first one is a Wikipedia one and explain the condition in humans http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary...parathyroidism
    Mum to AJ (Blenhiem born 6th August 2010) - my world
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, I didn't realize so many problems are related to the one condition. Poor little Toby. He'll be so much better after his surgery.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Positive thoughts across the miles for you and Toby. Hope all goes well with the surgery. Keep us undated.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes to you both and I hope there with be complete success with his surgery and he recovers 100%

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon View Post
    Wow, I didn't realise so many problems are related to the one condition
    Thats why its such a difficult one to call. I'm trying to anywhere on the internet that tells me how many dogs have been diagnosed with it in the last ten years or so.

Unfortunately the op falls right before we go away, luckily Toby is stopping with my Aunt who also has a Cavvie and is at home all day. This means he will get all the attention he will need, plus I have arranged with the vets that any treatment that he needs while I am away will be put on my account so I can pay on my return to save my aunt having to fork out for anything. My Aunt has already been through a lot with her Cavvie after he had major hip surgery a few years ago.
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone
    Just to let you know I dropped Toby off at the vets this morning at 8:30am. He did the typically Cavalier thing of looking round when he was being lead out to the cage area giving me those really sad eyes. It was as if he was saying 'Mum, what you doing to me now?'. It was awful. The vet called to say he would be start the op at about 11:30, so just keeping my fingers crossed!

Its awful this is the only time I have ever had to really coax him to go with the nurse! I think he senses its something big!!

Post Thanks / Like

everything goes well for Tobes and big {{{HUGS}}}} to you Amy - hang in there
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Toby is out of the op and recovering well.

He is having to stop in for the next few days as his calcium level can get dangously low. The vets are currently trying to get as much calcium in as possible via a drip.

I so want to visit him but I know it will only upset him and he will want to come home. Im going to call the vets first thing tomorrow to check he is ok and then he can come home soon.

He will also have to be closely monitiored in relation to the low calcium level which will be quite weird seeing as the last few months we have been concerned with reducing it and now we are trying to raise it

Anway will give you an update tomorrow, not really looking forward to a Cavvie less home tonight! But sooooo glad Toby is ok!

Thanks to everyone for their lovely messages!!

Amy and Tobes

Post Thanks / Like

Great news!!!

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great news taht Toby is through the surgery and doing ok - wishing him a speedy recovery.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org