• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mya Just Got Spayed.

iLikeCavs

We brought her in this morning for the operation. Picked her up in the afternoon and everything went well. I know that she doesn't feel well right away due to the anesthesia. She also had her Dew Claw removed, which she needs the bandage to be taken off in 48 hours. Anyways, I feel really bad for her she seems to be in some pain and she really hates that collar she has to wear. Every summer a friend of ours lets us stay at his cottage for a day or two. I know she would love it there and I was wondering if she would recover by then. There might be other dogs there for her to play with to. By the way, Her Dew Claw was removed, and I would like to know if there would be any irritation or anything on her foot wear her Dew Claw was.

Thanks.

If the collar is bothering her u could always use a babygrow, they are great they keep them away for the area and are easier manage!!

Here is freddie with his on after his operation and it worked a treat!!

IMG_1454.jpg

I keep the collar on when she sleeps because I don't trust her not to lick! But during the day she's fine. She has kind of learned to sleep with it. Anyways it's 9:45am here, I woke up, she seems to have a bit more energy but still kinda relaxed. Her Dew Claw bandage comes off tomorrow.

We bought inexpensive onesies in the 6-9 month size for our girl who is 16lbs. She didn't mind them a bit and just unsnapped the bottom and rolled it up to her neck when it was time to go outside for potty business. Got this tip from other Cavtalk members.

We never used the e-collar and Dottie wasn't the least bit interested in trying to fiddle with her sutures, thank goodness. It was much easier than I thought it would be, but was very happy to be able to let her run in and out of the doggie door on her own after the stitches were out and she was given the all clear!

Glad all went well with the surgery, she should be fine in a few days.

Back