• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

1 week with my new Cav, and a picture...

Meet Mac, my 14 week old Blenheim boy. I've had him for a week and our family couldn't be happier with him. He's got a great mellow personality, has taken to crate training very well, and does very well at housetraining. He's a good eater, sleeps through the night in the crate, and seemed right at home almost immediately. I've learned a lot of invaluable information on this forum.

CIMG3406.jpg

Mac is so cute. Cavaliers have a way of stealing your heart the moment you lay eyes on them. Congratulations!

He looks lovely. I am sure you wisely didn't get him from that original woman who was being deliberately misleading as well as breeding to dogs that hadn't been health checked...

As I regularly try to highlight, breed health is not just about good, responsible breeders who properly follow the MVD protocol and do the appropriate tests on ALL breeding stock -- pet owners are every bit as responsible for maintaining breed health by not supporting the people who don't and keep allowing the proliferation of poor heart health in particular. Half of all cavaliers will be going into heart disease by age 5 and this is not just because breeders don't follow the MVD protocol but because puppy buyers choose to keep buying from the people who do not. :(

I know you had a long discussion on this issue in the main discussion forum and got very sound advice from a wide range of people here including health focused club breeders of repute, so there would have been plenty of evidence to weigh up to support making the right decision. (y)

Back