• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Farewell Tandie

cecily

It is with deepest sadness we had to bid farewell to our beautiful ruby girl, Tandie.

lovelytandie.jpg

Tandie came to us almost two years ago as a rescue through Karlin. We'll be ever grateful for the time we had with her. She had an estimated grade 4 murmer when we got her, but was ever energetic, lively and playful, right to the end. She was put on fortekor a while ago at the first sign of symptoms, but never really fully responded despite eventually being on 4 types of medication. A trip to the cardiologist showed a very enlarged heart, and a grade 5 murmer. She was in good form right up until Thursday night when she first appeared ill. She was taken to the vet first thing Friday morning, and she got an injection to help the fluid on her lungs and in her stomach. She was peaceful and sleeping all day Friday, still wagging her tail, still good natured. She eventually passed on in her sleep, with Dougal lying beside her.

She will be sadly missed by both Billy and myself, and her other half, Dougal.
tandiedougal.jpg

Some of our favourite memories of Tandie (of which there are too many to mention, but I'll try and do a highlights!)

1. The way she would curl her lip when decidedly unimpressed about something, like when she was wet, being groomed or being made to wait for some food. And most definately when playing in the snow.
P1030046.jpg

2. Her bloodthirstyness for animals smaller than her; be they cats or lobsters
2007_09Lobster00003-2.jpg
poorflea.jpg

3. Her love of new experiences, always relaxed or excited. Never frightened. She loved boats, cows, donkeys and the nearby woods.
Resized_walkies00060.jpg

4. Her charm, her lovingness towards us and dougal. The way she always loved to sit beside me with her head in my lap.

We miss you Tandie.
Resized_Dougal00022.jpg

:hug::hug::hug::hug:
Cecily, I am in tears reading your post. This must be such a sad time for you and your family, but at least you have so many happy memories from your years together.

Run free Tandie in the glorious sunshine at Rainbow Bridge *ng*l

What a beautiful tribute to a sweet little girl. I'm glad you had those two years together. It's very clear from the way you speak about her that you loved each other dearly. :hug::flwr:

So very, very sorry to hear about Tandie, it is obvious from these pictures and earlier posts what she meant to you, and what you all meant to her, my sincere thoughts are with you at this very sad time:flwr::luv:

I'm so very sorry to hear Tandie has passed on. It is so clear from your post how much she was loved and how she was such a big part of your family. I'm glad that she got to spend her last few years in a home where she was loved and cherished. My thoughts are with you and yours at this time. :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing such wonderful memories of sweet Tandie. She and you are so blessed to have journeyed together for a time in each others lives.

I'm so sorry for your loss of little Tandie. :hug: So glad she got to spend her last 2 years being loved by you and your family. :lotsaluv: Thanks for sharing your happy memories and photos of her. Please give Dougal an extra hug from us. :flwr:

Oh Cecily..I am so sad reading this. I remember when you first got her..such a sweet little girl..She was well loved.

Oh Cecily, I am soooo sorry to read this. I had a great week with her when I fostered her just before she went to you.
You all must be devastated. She was a gorgeous dog. A little "Sweety".

Here are a few photos of the time she was with me:

PA090033.jpg

PA090032.jpg

PA080031.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.

And thanks so much Brid for posting those photos of Tandie! Those pics were the first I'd ever seen of her. She came to us happy and relaxed so she obviously enjoyed her week with you and Phoebe also! :)

So sorry to read of your sad loss. What a sweetie Tandy looked. God bless her. Play happy and healthy at the Bridge little one.

Oh gosh Cecily....I'm so very sorry to hear about Tandie. Your words about her were so moving. I'm so glad she didn't go through any long suffering but was able to pass peacefully in her sleep with Dougal by her side. How wonderful for her to spend the past 2 years being surrounded by your love.

Rest in peace Tandie.

Cecily and Billy, I'm so sorry to read such sad news :cry*ing:
Tandie was such a beautiful little girl and her time with you was too short :( Please know that you Billy and little Dougal are in our thoughts at this very sad time :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:hug:I shed a tear after reading your beautyful tribute to beautyful Tandie.
She must have been a lovely dog in every way. Im glad to hear that she was able to wag her tail all the way to the end, she must have been very very happy with her life and family.
:hug::flwr:
RIP Tandie.

oh Cecily I'm so very sorry to read this sad news.

Tandie was beautiful, she was so full of life and your tribute was very moving - and so fitting.

I'm glad she had two wonderful years with you, thank you for giving her all that love and care that she had previously missed out upon.

You know that this dreadful raw pain eases in time and you can look back and remember the happy times, cuddle Dougal close, and know that we are all thinking of you. :flwr:

Billy and Cecily, I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember Tandie from when she was on homes needed and also meeting her at the cavalier workshop, she was a beautiful little girl :( I hope Dougal isn't feeling too lost without his big sister.

Rest in peace Tandie :flwr:

Cecily, I'm so sorry to hear about Tandie, she was a special girl.. A special girl that passed with her best friend beside her. Run free Tandie in the big field in the sky, Aggie and Rio will comfort you:paw:

Cecily,

So sorry you have lost a beloved member of your family. The amount of time with her is not relevant to the amount of love you had for her. Losing my Pixie after only 10 short months taught me that.

She was obviously very loved and she knew it. I know you must have some relief that she passed peacefully in her sleep.

Hugs to you and your family in the coming days and weeks as you grieve and begin to heal. :hug:

Back