• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Farewell Tandie

Cecily, I am so sad to read your post.:cry*ing:

I remember when little Tandie came to you ... it is so sad that her time with you was cut short. She was truly a lucky girl to have you in her life after her rescue. She sounds like such a wonderful Cavalier.

You, Billy & Dougal are in my thoughts at this sad time. :hug:

Im so sorry to hear about your beautiful Tandie - she was lucky to have had you as such loving owners during her short time here.

Thinking of you all during this heartbreaking time :hug:

Sorry to hear about your Tandie, you must miss her very much. I'm sure she absorbed all your love like a sponge, she seemed like such a joy. :paw:

So sorry to read of your loss. Tandie was so lucky to have the love you gave to her. She was a beautiful little Ruby girl as the pictures you posted of her showed this. :hug:

I was so saddened to hear that Tandie had passed away. She was a fantastic little girl and I can reveal now, was spirited out of a situation where she was probably being used for breeding, by ignorant people who left her alone in a house they moved out of, and she escaped -- or such was their line. She was in full heat when picked up at a roundabout by a passerby, where she was nearly hit by several cars.

That horrible start set her on a path to a lovely new life. She went to Brid as a foster and then on to Cecily and Billy, where she was intensely interested in the cat from the moment she arrived (that pic of the cat on the curtain rail had me laughing out loud!). She was such a pretty little thing and so sweet.

It is a blessing that she passed away so quietly in a home she loved, with Dougal beside her.

It broke my heart when we got the heart report on her after she had her first vet check, as she was only age 3 or 4 to start with, already with a very loud murmur. Her death at such a young age is a tragedy that responsible breeding would minimise -- she should have had twice as many years with her new family.

But likewise, I hope Cecily's story of just how fulfilling all the time she had with Tandie is inspiring to people who might be thinking about, but a little wary of rescue cavaliers or those with a known heart issue. I know we all feel every day with our cavaliers is precious and they are especially precious with those who may not be able to be with us as long but have so much to give.

Cecily and her husband never wavered in their commitment to Tandie even on her first diagnosis with such a murmur and Tandie got to live life to the full. What a wonderful story for everyone that this was the case. :flwr:

Dear Cecily,
I am so sorry to read about your terribly sad loss of your beautiful little Tandie!! You are in my thoughts!! I know exactly what you are going through right now, I also unfortunately lost one of my lovely girls last July, which really was awful, the pain is at times still unbearable! Be strong.....Tandie will always be by your side....never forget!!!:paw:

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl she was and how lucky she was to have found happiness in her short life. I'm sure that heaven is a whole lot brighter with Tandie there. Your tribute to her was very touching. I hope time eases the pain of your loss.

Cecily, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your little girl Tandie. I remember when she first came to you. She was a beautiful little girl.

Thinking of you :flwr::hug:

Oh Cecily :( :hug::hug::hug:

I am SO sorry to hear of sweet Tandie's passing. :( I'm so thankful that she was homed with you. . . it was evident how much you loved her and helped her live her life to the fullest. :lotsaluv:

May her memories comfort you and your family (Dougal included!) in your time of sorrow :hug::hug:

Run free at the bridge, sweet and lovely Tandie :flwr::lotsaluv:*ng*l

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thankfully she spent her last two years living a happy and carefree life right to the very end. I know it's hard right now but you have done a wonderful thing for this little girl and I've no doubt there will be many more tandies.
Sins

Oh, I'm so desperately sorry to hear this, Cecily. Tandie was such a lovely girl, and one of my favourite photos of her is the one where and she and Holly are sitting nose to nose with one another in a staring competition. I'll see if it's on flickr and if not upload it. She was such a happy girl, and it must be a consolation that at least she was her cheerful self for so long.

Thoughts are with you and Dougal, who must be very confused!

Thanks to everybody for the kind words and support. She was such a light in our life, and it's that little bit duller without her here. We miss her terribly but I think she's peaceful now and in no more pain.

Lisa I know exactly the picture you mean. :D We really enjoyed bringing her up to meet Holly and Amber. I'd love to see recent pics of them.

Here it is:

280167898_972e88d925_o.jpg

That was a special day in many ways - for me, it was a relief to see that Holly was capable of getting on with other dogs, because I hadn't had Amber for very long at that point, and Holly was still at the "send that thing home" stage. Seeing her with Tandie reassured me that I'd done the right thing.

Back