Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Tandie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cecily, I am so sad to read your post.

I remember when little Tandie came to you ... it is so sad that her time with you was cut short. She was truly a lucky girl to have you in her life after her rescue. She sounds like such a wonderful Cavalier.

You, Billy & Dougal are in my thoughts at this sad time.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Im so sorry to hear about your beautiful Tandie - she was lucky to have had you as such loving owners during her short time here.

Thinking of you all during this heartbreaking time
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your Tandie, you must miss her very much. I'm sure she absorbed all your love like a sponge, she seemed like such a joy.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to read about Tandie, you're in my thoughts
    Elaine and Cody

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read of your loss. Tandie was so lucky to have the love you gave to her. She was a beautiful little Ruby girl as the pictures you posted of her showed this.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was so saddened to hear that Tandie had passed away. She was a fantastic little girl and I can reveal now, was spirited out of a situation where she was probably being used for breeding, by ignorant people who left her alone in a house they moved out of, and she escaped -- or such was their line. She was in full heat when picked up at a roundabout by a passerby, where she was nearly hit by several cars.

That horrible start set her on a path to a lovely new life. She went to Brid as a foster and then on to Cecily and Billy, where she was intensely interested in the cat from the moment she arrived (that pic of the cat on the curtain rail had me laughing out loud!). She was such a pretty little thing and so sweet.

It is a blessing that she passed away so quietly in a home she loved, with Dougal beside her.

It broke my heart when we got the heart report on her after she had her first vet check, as she was only age 3 or 4 to start with, already with a very loud murmur. Her death at such a young age is a tragedy that responsible breeding would minimise -- she should have had twice as many years with her new family.

But likewise, I hope Cecily's story of just how fulfilling all the time she had with Tandie is inspiring to people who might be thinking about, but a little wary of rescue cavaliers or those with a known heart issue. I know we all feel every day with our cavaliers is precious and they are especially precious with those who may not be able to be with us as long but have so much to give.

Cecily and her husband never wavered in their commitment to Tandie even on her first diagnosis with such a murmur and Tandie got to live life to the full. What a wonderful story for everyone that this was the case.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Cecily,
    I am so sorry to read about your terribly sad loss of your beautiful little Tandie!! You are in my thoughts!! I know exactly what you are going through right now, I also unfortunately lost one of my lovely girls last July, which really was awful, the pain is at times still unbearable! Be strong.....Tandie will always be by your side....never forget!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl she was and how lucky she was to have found happiness in her short life. I'm sure that heaven is a whole lot brighter with Tandie there. Your tribute to her was very touching. I hope time eases the pain of your loss.
    Lynn
    Momma to Molly (blen) Maxwell (tri) Nora (blen) and 2 kitties

Ohhh yeah...and 2 human (20 & 21 yr old) "children"

Post Thanks / Like

Cecily, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your little girl Tandie. I remember when she first came to you. She was a beautiful little girl.

Thinking of you
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry, you are in my thoughts
    Sue, Prince (B&T, DOB: 28/09/2001) & Lucy (Tri, DOB Unknown)