Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC considering dropping Crufts due to film tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said "Way to go, Karlin!" I just hope all this has an effect on breeders, whether it's a voluntary action some of them will now be shamed into taking, or action that buyers or government regulations will force them to take.

I'm glad I bought Daisy from a good breeder in terms of eyes, heart, and knees, but SM was purely a crap shoot. I guess we'll hope for the best. I talked to a great breeder last night who I am working on with rescue, and she said that most good breeders routinely MRI their dogs now. I don't think that was the case even 2 1/2 years ago when we got Daisy, so maybe things are getting a little better here in the U.S.

It is all pretty gross, isn't it? I had seen a documentary not too long ago about pugs and they said that they had to surgically cut open their uterus and put the sperm in there, and then the puppies had to be delivered cesearean. That's just plain crazy.

I'm going to try to find the BBC documentary online and watch it, but it sounds truly horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh how brilliant! Congratulations Karlin! You are such a pioneer for this wonderful breed... we all owe you a lot for firstly bringing the cavaliertalk forum into our lives and also for the awareness you are spreading about such an awful disease. Well done you!!! xx
    Emma and Renco Harvey & Bella's mum & dad

Post Thanks / Like

Great article! It's such good news that this is in the mainstream ...
    Sibéal
    Fred Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's an excellent article Karlin, I think using Leo as an example was brilliant, it adds so much without being overemotional - I think it will bring home to people the reality of living with an affected dog.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Karlin! That was brilliant! I sent your article and others to our 3 major networks here in the US and hopefully they will look into this here and run it. Awareness is the only way to stop this.

Jane
    Mom to Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Fab,Karlin.Wish i was sooooo clever like you.But we can all do our own little bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Good informative articel, Karlin. I have had a major run in with the KC before now and they basically turn a blind eye to anything they feel like ignoring. Their accredited (sp) breeder scheme is nothing but a joke and a way of them making more money too