• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Took Dylan to vet, SM? Long post, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oly seeing this post now Pauline - so sorry to hear about your beautiful little boy..
I really hope it turns out to be nothing too serious and he will be back to his normal self very soon.
Sending lots of hugs and kisses across the water from me, Millie, Chloe and Rex :flwr:

Pauline I am so sorry you are now having to go through this with darling little Dylan. My heart goes out to you both. Me and the boys will be keeping everything crossed for you xxxx

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I am still hoping I'm wrong. I'll be trying all the different harnesses I have over the next few days and seeing if I get a different reaction. Also I have asked a friend to film us this week. But for now, I am dealing with it and slightly in denial if that makes sense, only way I can handle it. I also told his breeder. She encouraged me to get the MRI done.

((((Pauline)))) that makes perfect sense - been there done that etc.... Sometimes it's the only way of dealing with it. Do you want me to email you my phone number? I am free tomorrow if you want a chat. Thinking of you x

Meant to say that at least Dylan's breeder is one of the better ones out there (or so I have heard). I am sure she'll also give you plenty of support. If he does happen to be affected I hope she won't use his parents to breed from again, or his siblings unless scanned clear. Big hugs anyway xxxxx

So sorry you have these concerns about Dylan. :flwr:

You might want to try a harness in the same style as the UpCountry step-in harness. There are links to it in the shopping and SM forums. That's what worked best for Charlie, and now for Geordie as well. Geordie doesn't seem to be comfortable in his Puppia at all.

Oh Pauline. I hope this is not true for Dylan. He is such a handsome darling boy. Many hugs and paws crossed for a negative outcome.

Pauline
We all know Dylan so well through your posts, he is such a darling. Sincerely hope that it is an ear problem, keeping fingers crossed for you.:xfngr:

:xfngr: this is a minor health problem which can be fixed easily. I will be thinking of you and Dylan this week. He is a gorgeous boy. Please let us all know how you get on next week at the vet?

Pauline, so sorry to hear of your concerns for wee Dylan.

It's good that your vet is so aware - it might be worth you rereading this site and printing off the relevant information for your vet too.

http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/

I really hope that it isn't SM, and that maybe once his ears are ok he will be just fine.

It's brilliant that you have already contacted his breeder and that she is being supportive (y)

I'm just throwing in another thought, could he be sensitive to his harness? My Golden is very sensitive when walking on leash and he pulls a little he'll stop and scratch his neck right away. He is not a puller. Also on ocations I put a harness on him and he can't stop scratching because it's a new sensation on his body. Like a said he is my sensitive boy LOL.
I hope you're boy is getting better soon.
Elke

You might want to try a harness in the same style as the UpCountry step-in harness.

Thanks Cathy. I had a look at their web site, thanks for the tip. I have one the same style and I just put it on him and it is in fact further away from his neck so we will try that next walk.

Best wishes for Dylan

Hi Pauline

I will be hoping and praying that this will turn out to be something minor.

Thinking of you and Dylan.

Sabby

Sorry to hear this,Alfs is going to a top vets here in Cork,we have a major ear problem and its not getting any better,he has gone deaf,not totally,but he is shaking the head alot.He has been on antibiotics 3 times and we have now made the decision to go to the top.I am worried,i have to use hand signals and we have to touch him now to get his attention.Hopefuuly it can be resolved one way or another.One of the girls at the vets said what would i do with him if his hearing has gone.I just gave her the LOOK.

Oh Justine, I'm so sorry to hear that Alfs is also unwell. :( Fingers crossed all goes well with the Cork vet. Have you actually been there yet for your appointment? Tx

Oh Justine, so sorry. Ears are tricky, Dylan had not been scratching his ears and they are not infected but she said even the outer ear was a bit red. If I had not gone to the vet to ask about SM, I would not have known his ears were sore. Let us know what happens please. :hug:

Hi,Pauline.he had to be knocked out and they went down deep in the canal,and it was black.I think the vets didnt react quick anough,the drops were proberly never going deep anough becos there was so much muck in there.

By the way,Pauline i wasnt meaning to tell Alfs story and forget about yours,hoping just to make us feel a little better with our worries.

Hi Pauline, I'm sorry to hear about Dylan...I hope it's just an ear issue, but if it's anything more he's lucky to have you as his mom since you take such great care of him. I'm glad your breeder is being supportive. Miles and Truman are also thinking about him and hope that he's okay :flwr: Keep us posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back