Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Took Dylan to vet, SM? Long post, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Oly seeing this post now Pauline - so sorry to hear about your beautiful little boy..
    I really hope it turns out to be nothing too serious and he will be back to his normal self very soon.
    Sending lots of hugs and kisses across the water from me, Millie, Chloe and Rex
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Pauline I am so sorry you are now having to go through this with darling little Dylan. My heart goes out to you both. Me and the boys will be keeping everything crossed for you xxxx

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I am still hoping I'm wrong. I'll be trying all the different harnesses I have over the next few days and seeing if I get a different reaction. Also I have asked a friend to film us this week. But for now, I am dealing with it and slightly in denial if that makes sense, only way I can handle it. I also told his breeder. She encouraged me to get the MRI done.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

((((Pauline)))) that makes perfect sense - been there done that etc.... Sometimes it's the only way of dealing with it. Do you want me to email you my phone number? I am free tomorrow if you want a chat. Thinking of you x

Post Thanks / Like

Meant to say that at least Dylan's breeder is one of the better ones out there (or so I have heard). I am sure she'll also give you plenty of support. If he does happen to be affected I hope she won't use his parents to breed from again, or his siblings unless scanned clear. Big hugs anyway xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry you have these concerns about Dylan.

You might want to try a harness in the same style as the UpCountry step-in harness. There are links to it in the shopping and SM forums. That's what worked best for Charlie, and now for Geordie as well. Geordie doesn't seem to be comfortable in his Puppia at all.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pauline. I hope this is not true for Dylan. He is such a handsome darling boy. Many hugs and paws crossed for a negative outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Pauline
    We all know Dylan so well through your posts, he is such a darling. Sincerely hope that it is an ear problem, keeping fingers crossed for you.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

this is a minor health problem which can be fixed easily. I will be thinking of you and Dylan this week. He is a gorgeous boy. Please let us all know how you get on next week at the vet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pauline, so sorry to hear of your concerns for wee Dylan.

It's good that your vet is so aware - it might be worth you rereading this site and printing off the relevant information for your vet too.

http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/

I really hope that it isn't SM, and that maybe once his ears are ok he will be just fine.

It's brilliant that you have already contacted his breeder and that she is being supportive
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org