• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Took Dylan to vet, SM? Long post, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pauline
I really hope and pray that Dylan is not so sick as you fear.He is just adorable and he has the best mum to look after him :lotsaluv:

Pauline, how is sweet Dylan feeling today? I'm so sorry to read that he's under the weather, please keep us posted. Everything will work out.

Pauline, how is sweet Dylan feeling today? I'm so sorry to read that he's under the weather, please keep us posted. Everything will work out.

He seems ok, scratching his ears less but that wasn't the problem anyway. He is very good at taking his drops. I've been frightened to take him out and put a harness on his and to see him hopping along but I am taking him out soon as we have a big congregation do and there will be two other dogs and I like him to see other dogs when possible as he doesn't have many play mates. I've put a different harness on him and it's further from his neck so that's better. He'll probably pull though!

Only catching up with everything here. Just watched the programme on "You Tube" as well. Hope Dylan is okay.

:updte: Hmm...I'm not sure that spangly update icon reflects my mood today. I'll keep this brief as I don't want to think about it or I'll be upset all day. We are off to the vets today at 2.15. as Dylan's ears are all cleared up nicely as has the conjunctivitis that followed. So now we have to see about that referral to the neurologist today.

Last edited:
Think positive thoughts Pauline,
Good luck with the appointment and give Dylan a big hug from us all.
Sins

What else could the air scratching be? :( I have written a list of things to tell the vet.

• Air scratching while walkng on harness.
  • Sratching ears, very minimal, twice a day, very brief. I'd say this wasn't a symptom.
  • Wiping face after meals, prolonged. Has stopped this recently.
  • Changing sleeping spot as if too hot or uncomfortable very frequently.
  • Yelping sometimes when picked up.
  • Yelping in pain for no aparent reason, very distressed, once.
  • Spaced out a couple of times, not epileptic.

Good luck today Pauline. :xfngr: everything goes well and you get all of your questions answered. At least then you have something to work with.

Will be thinking of you so let us know how it goes :hug::hug:

Pauline,
Hugs and good thoughts coming to you from us today. I hope you get answers and hope for an SM free future.

:hug:

We just got back. I got a lift to the vets as the air scratching happens at the beginning of a walk. I asked her to come outside with me and walk behind Dylan and watch him walk. That was enough, we are being referred. I think she is concerned as the last two times I went to pay, it's been free. I only had to pay for the referral today £20, no consultation fee.

She said the letter she received about the free consultation and MRI for research came about a year ago and hopes it's still free. Otherwise my insurance will pay. She said if the Veterinary College think he is not a candidate I may have to pay the consult there but I can claim that back too. She said the insurance have to pay for that as she said the referral is necessary.

I'm not too bad. As soon as I came out I met a friend and she told me her dog might have cancer in his nose. If it is cancer, the vet said it's probably too late to do anything because it's been bad for a while and a different vet didn't twig.

Last edited:
Pauline, I'm sorry. I suppose it is good that he is being referred right away with no hassles so you can get a definitive diagnosis sooner rather than later.

I hope things work out okay for him. :flwr:

A referral sounds wise as you need an answer at this stage.Did she give any indication of how long the scan appointment might take to come through?
Sins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back