• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Carol Fowler

Ciren

it has been mentioned that this lady is a member of this forum. i would REALLY appreciate being able to contact her.

I will pass your contact details on to her to allow her to make contact if she wishes.

thats fab Karlin thanks!. i want to know if there is anything i can do to help her, not just money but things like writing letters making phone calls or emailing people etc.

Karlin,

If possible please pass on my details. I am fortunate "at this time" to have two heathly dogs but I would dearly like to help in some way to raise awareness to try and eradicate these horrible diseases that make our beloved cavaliers suffer so much.

Thanks in advance

If you do read this thread Carol, then please dont hesitate to get in contact with myself either. As Ciren said, even if it is helping write letters, or make phone calls, or keep things up to date, or deal with paper work etc. The same goes for yourself Karlin.

I mostly work at home... so would be happy to help you if there is anything you need, at any time.

I have just sent a message to Carol with a link to this thread, hopefully when she has a bit of time she will come on and visit - I suspect she is currently overloaded with messages.

Me too, if there's any letters to be written funraising etc. would love to help any way we can.
Well done Carolcl*pcl*pcl*p

Carol Fowler, Margaret C and Clare Rusbridge....you ladies rock!!! The big name breeders may not support you but you can rest assured that thousands of us lowly little pet owners sure do. Bless you for all you are doing for our wonderful little breed.

Carol Fowler, Margaret C and Clare Rusbridge....you ladies rock!!! The big name breeders may not support you but you can rest assured that thousands of us lowly little pet owners sure do. Bless you for all you are doing for our wonderful little breed.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I would also like to help in any way i can as mentioned by others on this thread.

I understand she has been indeed swamped with calls, people coming up to her all day on the street, and emails etc.

Margaret Carter, also featured in the programme, is also a member here and posted very courageous messages in several discussion threads on these issues.

Meanwhile on other lists the breeders are busy discounting Clare's decade plus of research and the results of all the other researcher studies. Of course if they dismiss Clare's work, then that is a direct rejection of any work Sarah Blott will do, as Sarah's EBV's are based directly on Clare and Penny's work. If Clare's work is nonsensical, as they argue, then Sarah's cannot possibly have any value either.

Some of the very same people supposedly supporting Sarah's work (whose backs we saw leaving the very meeting at which they pledged that support) are busy making these comments elsewhere, so I will leave it up to readers to think about how much actual breeder support there will be for Sarah's work.

I hope the intelligent and sensible breeders do come forward and build on the important work already done by earlier researchers by continuing to MRI and give support to Sarah Blott and the closely connected genome study of Clare and Penny, on which Sarah's final, proposed gEBVs rest entirely.

The ladies mentioned above are terrific. Their quiet strength was excellent for this presentation. They fight for my beloved Cavaliers and yours and I thank them with my whole heart and :rah: them on in their righteous battle.

Somebody quoted in the documentary last night that every breed needs a Carol Fowler.
I agree 100%, but they also need a Margaret C and Clare Rusbridge and Karlin Lillington!

You ladies have done and continue to do so much for this wonderful breed and you are all to be hugely applauded cl*p

It would be wonderful if the BBC decided to drop Crufts - this would be an amazing, very public stance against the terrible breeding practises that are being allowed to continue.

I echo everything said by Cathy...these ladies are brilliant!

It's great to be able to put faces to the names.
All the above ladies deserve the highest praise and support for their efforts to salvage this wonderful breed.
Sins

Have had a message from Carol saying she has been inundated with calls and emails and many offers of help. She says she will get back to people but it will take a little while, and notes there are many things that people will be able to do. I have also had many emails from strnagers asking me to forward emails to Carol, which I have done.

Meanwhile I have also had this reply from another of the women:

One of the answers we can give to those many people who have said " what can
I do?" is to ask them to write , phone, or log on to the KC website & let
them know just what they want them to change.

I would add to that, to write to your MP or if in Ireland, TDs and tell them how you felt about the programme and what you think needs to be changed. Please note in Ireland, the Dept of Agriculture is about to start on an animal welfare bill. The period for public submissions recently ended (and yes I did make a formal submission and in part, proposed that breeding should fall under this bill's aegis). But there is plenty of scope to write your TD and to the Minister asking that the bill address these issues, in particular, to examine the issue of inbreeding in pedigree dogs and consider following the Swedish model of outlawing close linebreeding, parent to offspring or sibling to sibling.

Thanks Karlin - will email the kennel club etc. as soon as I get back from my weekend camping in the rain!

I agree, Carol your tireless fight to highlight and eradicate SM is truely encouraging. I wish you all the best with the campagning, what a wonderful woman you are! :eek: My suport is with you all the way.
Has there been any kind of petition in place that we can sign?

Back