Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cavs and cats?

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look at Karlin's own pics - one of her cats thinks he is a cavalier he is completely besotted by them!

My Maxx is wary of cats, due to almost losing an eye to one in our garden when he was a puppy but he will make friends with them and has a Persian friend that we meet on our walks - the Persian apparently never leaves his garden until he sees Maxx coming and then he leaps the fence to rub alongside Maxx LOL

Charlie however came to me with this 'guarantee' of loving cats.... All I can say is given the chance he'd love to eat one! When the Persian comes to rub, Charlie is held on a VERY tight lead LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anastasia was already a year old when we introduced her to Scooter who was about 9 months old. Scooter's foster mom was afraid he wouldn't do well with a dog, and Anastasia had never met a cat before. the first two days were....tense. but no one tried to hurt each other. Anastasia was curious and Scooter was in defense mode. after that, Scooter is in love with Anastasia and always wants to hang on her, play with her, cases her, cuddle with her, etc. Anastasia could care less about him, which I think is funny. she's incredibly tolerant and all she does is nip at him when she's had enough, and he just head butts her. ::sigh:: he doesn't get it at all. cavs and cats can do great together

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the advice . As Clancy is an older dog, with poor eyesight, I've been told that it's unlikely he will present a problem to the cats. He's unlikely to chase them. I just hope the cats aren't mean to him! One of my cats, Leo, is a bit of a beast - my friends call him Pitbull Cat, as he's big, chunky and unpredictable. But I'm sure I can moderate, and keep all parties safe. Clancy seems to be utterly unconcerned by anything other than food and walkies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

And welcome i have three Cavs and two Cats and they all get along fine and i had the Cats before the Cavs.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 6 year old cat, Poppy & an 18 month old cat, Tilly & we adopted Maddy (Cav) last October & they all get on just fine! Maddy showed a little interest in them when we first brought her home but it was just curiosity really. They all love to chase butterflies together & my younger cat likes to sleep curled up next to Maddy Poppy found it easier to accept Maddy than she did Tilly (who's nickname is "Tilly Terror!" )

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 male Cavs, 1 male cat & 2 female cats. The male cat thinks he's a dog and hangs out with the boys. I have a room for the cats only. That way they have a place to chill and the dogs can't get at their food or litter. They all get along fine.