• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing Oliver

Kate H

Oliver is a 7-year-old ruby. He and I live in a small bungalow in Coventry. He keeps me fit by walking in the country, we do competition obedience, and he is a Pets as Therapy dog, visiting a home for people with dementia (I have just become volunteer area coordinator for PAT). He has mild SM, with a small syrinx and so far no symptoms. His prognosis is that having got to 7 with no symptoms, he may stay symptom-free, or develop them in old age, so all our fingers and paws are crossed. Oliver's father has at least one other offspring with SM (though he himself is still healthy and his breeder refuses to have him scanned), and Oliver's grandfather and great-grandfather both had it in old age, which is why I had him scanned last year. I keep my own vets updated on SM research and try to spread the word among the many pet owners I meet; I also went to the Rugby symposium last year.

Oliver has a typical Cavalier temperament: happy, friendly and unfazed by anything! A joy to own and a pleasure to live with.

Kate and Oliver

Welcome Kate. Sounds like you and Oliver have a wonderfully active life together. Glad to have you both here.

Welcome! I will pray that Little Oliver remains symptom free. Good for you getting the word out about SM in this breed. Hopefully, in time, breeders will be more amenable to scanning their dogs.

Back