Thread: Syringomyelia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Syringomyelia

Hi, this is my first time sending a message. We have a beautiful CKCS called Ruby as she is ruby and she is 1 1/2 years old and was diagnosed in March/April with Syringomyelia. Do many Cavaliers have this? Our vet seems to think that it is more common than realised.

Thanks
    Rose

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear your news about your dog and
    yes it is there is a page on here with up to date information
    ---Aileen and the gang (Barney--Jazzie---Sam)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I'm so sorry you are going through this. You should find all you need in this section. Please feel free to ask questions, many here have 1st hand experience and can advise you
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

There is a whole section on this site dedicated to MVD & SM (syringomyelia). You'll find lots of support from others whose dogs have also been diagnosed. I believe it is considered the 2nd biggest health concern in Cavaliers, second only to MVD.

Also check out Karlin's website, www.sm.cavaliertalk.com a site dedicated to information about the disorder.

I'm so sorry your dog was diagnosed.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson