• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

His first illness.....

babs

Hi guys its been a while since we've had a visit,we're just home from our holidays in France.Alex was with us and we all had a great time until we came home .We arrived home on Thursday last week after a terrible journey on the ferry,weather was awful.Friday we spent getting settled in,Alex was fine,he spent the day playing with the girls.Saturday morning at @6am he began barking and barking and barking,not like him so I ran downstairs to see if he was ok and he did a poo all in his cage..its not like him..Sunday he was the same,I thought he might be scared of being back in his cage cos he was 20 hrs. in the cage on the ferry and it was not nice..Monday he had gotten sick,had diarrhoea several times,I was worried sick.What startaed off with soft pooh turned into a black tarrish pooh then a reddish coloured pooh it was awful for him,my little man had no energy,had no life in him,I was confinced he was major sick.We took him to the vet straight away and he has gastroenteritis...It was a relief to hear it was nothing serious,Alex is on an antibiotic for 5 days and such a relief...He's our little man :lotsaluv:

Oh poor little Alex! You must have been worried sick. I am glad you got him to the vet and he is getting his medication. Hopefully he will be well soon!!

Hi Babs

My little one had it twice this year so I know it's a worry, but with the right medicine Alex will be back to normal soon.

Sabby

Hi
I put up a post up yesterday ref my Daisy with a similar condition ,she too is on anti-biotics for the next 5 days ,so i ve been giving her boiled egg white and white turkey meat but not a lot yet ,so i presume its just rest their tummy till they are better so i hope Alex makes a swift recovery soon.

Best Wishes

Brian

Back