• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Daisys Vet Visit

The procedure turned out not nice and excruciating painful the consultant indicated he would treat the problem veins by laser under local anesthetic but he changed his mind and decided to strip them out but still only under local anesthetic

Brian, Oh, poor Dawn, that must have been horribly painful, hope she's feeling better soon.:flwr:

My three doglets had a bug a while ago, it sure is a lot of hard work looking after 3 sick doggies at the same time. Hope they all recover soon:xfngr:

Brian, I am just catching up on this thread. What a horrible experience for Dawn! I am also sorry your pups have been under the weather too. Glad things are finally turning around and getting better!

Live Yoghurt

One of my girls has been suffering for a number of weeks with this tummy problem, she has been on 2 lots of anitibiotics and a weeks course of anti inflamatories nothing has worked until some one suggested I give her live yoghurt, chappie and baked brown bread, it has worked a treat and she is now back to normal. She loves the yoghurt and licks it of the spoon of course the other dogs want some as well so it has become part of the daily routine.
Hope this helps

HollyDolly(y)

Hi

Well after today i think i can safely say three up two down ,explanations follow.

1) Took Dawn back to the hospital at 6.30 last night were the redressed her wound which was leaking and reassured her , so this morning Dawns a lot brighter and she staggered round a couple of shops with me today ,but the more we think the more we know the consultant was totally our of order to have done what he did just under a local when all i read and people i talk to say it should have been a general anesthetic .An old friend is a retired consultant surgeon and he was twice chairman of the board at this hospital so i think i might ring and ask for his comments.
2) Took all the girls back to the vets all OK but Rosies tummy still tender so keep on with her tablets but i can slowly revert them back to their normal diet but keep an eye on them ,which i do like a hawk but thats been a long and nasty bug thankfully its gone.
3) After the shops and the vets took them to Birkenhead Park for a run ,we where approached by a young lad who galloped up to us "Had we seen a Tri-colour Cavalier around his name is Charlie and hes nine and he escaped from their house last night .we hadn't but he gave us a picture and phone numbers and Charlie had not been chipped and his name and address had worn off his collar ,so we had a look around for an hour but no sign. About 3.PM we take the girls for another walk so i thought again we would spend some time looking in the indicated vicinity but before we left i decided to ring for an update and guess what they found good old Charlie in the back thank heavens for that.
4) Taking the girls the vets this morning there a speeding camera on the main road that never has any batteries in though it got me 6 years go but since then its never can off ,well somebody must have put new batteries in sneakily last night cos the blxxxx thing took my photo this morning
5) And last but not least this laptop is cutting out on me so i think i will have to get a new one ,two weeks ago i bought another boys toy a Nikon D80 digital SLR camera and two expensive lenses well tht could have been my grand for a new laptop ,oh well it never works out like that.

Hi
Just an add to this thread ,Dawn went back into hospital at 1.00 pm today to have her other leg done but this time she had a general anesthetic and just had a phone call to say shes back up from theatre and to go pick her up at 7.00 pm ,so i hope its a better experiance and certainly the last.

Pleased to hear Dawn is back home this evening. Give her our best:lotsaluv:and tell her we hope she is soon feeeling much better..... Oh yes, nearly forgot - she has our permission to sit around with her feet up until at least Monday being waited on hand and foot.

Back