Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daisys Vet Visit

Post Thanks / Like

Hope they all go on OK
    ---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope Poppy, Daisy and Rosie are feeling better
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Hi

Slowly getting there ,Daisy and Rosie have firmed up and Poppys improving so by the time we go back to the vets on Sat morning they should all be OK but i will continue with the tablets as instructed . Do infections like this last this long (its been 2 weeks) or is it because i have 3 that maybe the bug has just bounced around off them ,and in the future if anything similar happens would it be advisable to take all three to the vets together as i presume like kids if one gets it they all do.

I have the afternoon off work to mind Luke who is 13 tomorrow and the girls as my wife Dawn had a quite bad leg infection 2 months ago so shes
    gone into hospital at lunch today for an operation on both legs (under local anesthetic) at 4.00 pm today,she should be OK to come home about 8.00 as the op lasts 2 hours and shes been informed that she should be up and around within an hour or two ,so fingers crossed all goes alright pls.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

God you have your hands full this week or so.I hope your wife recovers well after her op.Hopefully your little girls recover soon too.Make sure you spoil your wife cos she wont be able to run around after you lot Best wishes for your sons birthday 2moro

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Well not a good afternoon ,dawn was admitted at midday and the nurse thought she was first on the list for one o clock ,of course this was wrong she went to theatre at 4.40 pm i had a phone call to go up at 6.45 pm.
    The procedure turned out not nice and excruciating painful the consultant indicated he would treat the problem veins by laser under local anesthetic but he changed his mind and decided to strip them out but still only under local anesthetic.It turned out that it was so traumatizing and painful that even with all the local she had she could feel the veins being pulled out of her leg and after only one leg being 25 % done because of the high trauma happening ,Dawn said even her teeth were chattering with fright ,the doctor wanted to stop but she persevered and had the one leg done .The other is in six weeks but under a general anesthetic ,so just as she was just resting before being allowed home one of the wounds started seeping a lot of blood so the nurse had to recall the consultant who had gone home , he came back and said it was an old blood clot coming away but to go home and ring if anything else happens during the night, so unfortunately poor Dawn has to go throgh the same thing in six weeks but this time under a general .

And then to top it Daisy went to the loo and i thought she was hardening but shes gone all sloppy again ,they all go back on Sat morning so do i carry on with the tablets or knock them off apart from Poppy.

Help
    Brian
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Your poor wife what an afternoon eh! I wouldnt take any of the girls off their medicine before contacting your vet first.Better to be safe than sorry it might take a few days longer than you anticipated for them to get over the sickness.Think of it like yourself on antibiotics if you dont finish the course the infection shall more than likely return at some stage.Just hang in there its 2 days till Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Brian your really having a bad time of it. I hope your wife and furbabies are feeling better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

And good morning and what a difference a day and a nights sleep makes ,this morning Dawn seems a lot brighter and more cheerful and the girls seem a lot better ,not that this bug seemed to make them ill,plus its Lukes 13 birthday today so we all have to be Happier.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brian you have a lot on your plate at the moment. I hope that Dawn heals soon. I'm glad to hear that she's feeling a bit brighter today. Luke. Hope the girls are feeling a bit better and that the trip to the vet goes well tomorrow.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, that was really foolish of the Doctor to make her go through that under a local. Sounds like she was in shock poor Dawn
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'