Thread: The chewers and the collectors...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default The chewers and the collectors...

So who's dog has chewed something really really important? Or who's dog likes to collect certain items in the house?

Im asking because my little Holly has chewed her ONLY harness... and it is ruined. My fault really as I left it on the hall floor! She has always hated her harness... and I use it if we are on longer walks than the local ones (where there are no roads so she is generally off lead). I think she saw her opportunity and grabbed it with both hands (paws) and unfortunately teeth!

As for collecting things... my wee Murphy LOVES socks and pants!!! He never fails to find a pair of my pants if we have visitors (our bedroom door is always closed now as he can open my underwear drawer ). I have no idea! Men eh?! I was just tidying the spare room where their crates are, and there were numerous socks planted around the room (behind a vase, under the sofabed, behind my desk! ).

Always an ice-breaker when there are new folk round and your lovely little dog comes running in with a pair of knickers in his mouth! LOL

So tell me your wee stories of the chewers and the collectors?
    Ashley, with Holly and Murphy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anastaisa also goes for underwear. and my older cocker taught her how much fun tissue and trash paper is. when she was younger she loved my shoes. and my cell phone. and my cell phone charger. she doesn't do much now that she's a bit older.

Post Thanks / Like

Ollie loves to chew my shoes- but only when we're not home. My husband told me today that Ollie was sleeping with his head inside one of my shoes the whole time I was gone! I honestly think he can smell "me" most strongly on my shoes and it makes him feel close to me when I'm not there.

Casey is infatuated with all things paper- toilet paper, magazines, art projects, especially kleenex!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Rex is a sock monster - he gets as excited about socks as he does when he's getting a treat!!! Since we got him we've bought a LOT of new socks!!!!

When he was younger he chewed EVERYTHING he could get his teeth into-The expensive chews were a laptop charger, microphone lead, numerous cables and carpet

Now he loves tissue (which has to be ripped up into as many pieces possible and spread as far apart as he can manage), socks and his lead when he gets his paws on it.

Post Thanks / Like

So, not a Cavalier but Chickabee has selective chewing and only chews the tips of shoelaces-all shoes get put up on anything handy (ingrained habit) so imagine my at the Dr's office when nurse comes in and looks at my shoes ( on chair ) They really change your habits, don't they
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My two love chewing any new furniture item that comes into the house
    saves me having to use a security marker
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

The only things of value that my lot have eaten were items belonging to themselves, mostly new beds and toys. Gavin went through a phase of eating collars and harnesses straight off Cody They've never touched furniture etc apart from a bit of scratching on a door and a row of teeth marks at the top of the stairs from the Gavins first meeting with a new pet gate on the landing Abigail has gotten a couple of socks but that's about as bad as it gets!

I doubt I'd cope with a 4 or 5 month old puppy in full chew mode
    Stephen 3 Cavs - Cody, Abigail & Jasmine, Gavin the terrier and the cats - Buffy, Kendra, Thomas, Caleb, Robin & Cadbury, the Geckos - Crane, Poole, Schmidt, Amber, Seven, Eleven, Thirteen, Ivy, Gretchen, Darcy, Ari, Zeva, Claude & Claudine, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Dov, Ronia, Netanya

Post Thanks / Like

My Alex, a rescue came with his harness that was his security blanket that he had chewed up to hardly anything. The 1st month or so he carried it everywhere with him. Now it just sits in his cage which he hardly ever uses, just goes and sits in it sometimes. It is like he visits it each night to see if it is still there with a couple of toys he came with and then jumps on the bed to sleep. Kind of sad in a way that someone would put him in such a position that he has these insecurities. Hopefully in time he won't feel the need to revisit them.

Jane

Post Thanks / Like

The post is very popular for chewing up in my house, its a mad rush to collect the letters when they come in the letterbox, not that I mind the bills being chewed up , but recently I had to rescue a pair of airline tickets for my holidays.

Raiding wastepaper baskets is another favourite in our house, and collecting and chewing the inside of toilet rolls
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is enlightening in a way. Chloe is such a great dog,
    she was fairly eaisy to train. BUT I can't stop her from raiding the
    bathroom wastecan. She loves to eat tissues, I've tried everything
    to train her otherwise, she'll listen if I catch her, but if she gets the
    opportunity, she's eating tissues, and cardboad is another favorite
    We still use a babygate in the hallway of our house so every now
    and then I open the gate and give it a shot to try to teach her not to eat
    tissues, but she just LOVES them, snot and all.
    Dawn &
    Chloe tri 1/07