• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Worming Tablets?

pippa

HI,

I worm the dogs every Three months and usually give them Drontal.

Last year I couldn't get Drontal once and I was given Milbamax and my two boys got severe tummy upset and horrible watery poo after taking them. They both had to have medication to clear it up. It may have been co-incidence but I haven't used them since, just in case.

Tonight the vets had no Drontal and won't have for a while they gave me Zantal.

Anyone tried them?

Last edited:
Hi hope nobody minds just bumping this up. I posted late last night and it was getting a bit lost...

Hi Pippa,
I've never given Zantal so I can't comment.I've given both milbamax and drontal without any ill effects.My preference is for stronghold which you pour onto the spot between their shoulders which deals with worms and fleas simultaneously.
Don't worry about using a new wormer,I'd imagine it's perfectly effective.
No ill effects yet?
Sins

Hi Teresa,
can you look up the ingredients on the net and compare? otherwise, if you are unsure or worried then I would suggest buying Drontal from another Vet. Alternatively, phone the Vet and explain your concerns about giving a different wormer and ask for advice/ reassurance :)

Last edited:
Thanks sins I probably worry too much!

Claire - The nurse said it should be fine, might ring and talk to the vet, it's probably ok I'm a fusspot when it comes to my three!

Oh and it's Zantel not Zantal as I said.

Last edited:
Thanks sins I probably worry too much!

Claire - The nurse said it should be fine, might ring and talk to the vet, it's probably ok I'm a fusspot when it comes to my three!

Oh and it's Zantel not Zantal as I said.
No wonder I couldn't find it on the net for you :)

You've reminded me that I must raid the kitchen cupboards for my milbemax stash, the dogs won't even notice they've been treated but the cats won't talk to me for a week:D

You've reminded me that I must raid the kitchen cupboards for my milbemax stash, the dogs won't even notice they've been treated but the cats won't talk to me for a week:D

You have to tell us why now. My curiosity is getting the better of me ;)

Claire I'm bad enough the way I fuss over the dogs, don't be giving me ideas!

I haven't wormed them yet will do it at the weekend when I'm here to keep an eye on them.

Steve.....please tell, why will the cats react this way? Do the dogs get their tablets wrapped in a nicer treat?!

I use Milbemax aswell, and it goes down well, once its coated in cheese;)

the dogs won't even notice they've been treated but the cats won't talk to me for a week:biggrin:

Go on Steve, you'll have to tell us.....:), this sounds interesting:p

Back