• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Met a 13 year old ruby today, Ollie.

*Pauline*

Dylan went for his check up today on his ears and they had to ask me to leave the room because he got himself all upset having his ears looked at and cleaned. The vets is right by a big park so I took him there after to cheer him up.

We soon saw a beautiful Ruby Cavalier called Ollie who was 13 years old! You wouldn't believe how cute he was, the deepest ruby colour I've seen, some grey on his face, shy with dogs but happy to see Dylan though Dylan was very rude and all over Ollie.:rolleyes:

Ollie was bought from a dog kennel that sells puppies from puppy farms which is in the next road to me. She didn't know at the time anything about puppy farms. This place has been in the papers since as quite a few dogs die soon after being sold. As they are a broker and not actually a puppy farm, the police can't do anything.

The lady who owned him was from Scotland and I think her name was Helena, she was so sweet. I hope we bump into each other again.

What I came on the say is that I still have a bunch of cards for CavalierTalk and I gave her one so she might join, her sister has a Cavalier too. Those cards are great but if you give them out, I do think putting your user name on the back a good idea so they can spot you online and make plans for play dates!!! Better still I should put my number on the back.

I think I'm over tired, I'm rambling on and on.....

What a fun day Pauline...except for the vet visit of course ;) Hope you guys are able to get together again.

I hope she does join, I have given out a lot of cards but people don't always join.

Dylan's ears are still a bit sore, 3 more days of drops then no drops for a week. If he is still scratching after the week I have to take him back, if it's not his ears she will send us to the neurologist. :( I hope it's his ears. She said his sore ears are most likely allergies but he is finally on a food he can tolerate so she thinks it's something other than food, maybe a pollen but she said it could be anything.

Poor Dylan I hope he is better soon :hug: to both of you.

I had Rex at the vet yesterday and I thought it was funny he mentioned had I ever seen this site he said to find out about SM and MVD because Rex is having the occasional bout of ear scratching and the old yelp! I told him I was a big lurker and sometime poster. He said he recommends it to all cavalier owners.

Poor Rex got conjunctivitus back in July after a horrible experience in kennels. He's had 4 trips to the vet since then but it hasnt cleared at all. He's on yet more eyedrops and a painkiller/antibiotic. They've sent off a swab for lab tests in case its something more serious results are due on Tuesday.
Sorry for hijacking the thread Pauline I had no intention of it but I'm just a bit worried about my baby :(

Do don't worry, normal conversation doesn't stick to one subject. That's a bit weird Rex's eye hasn't cleared up, could it be an ulcer or a scratch? Can you take a picture and show me?

Fingers crossed for the precious Dylan (I've not stopped thinking of you both) I love meeting cavs when I'm out,I get so excited!

hi Pauline I hope Dylan gets better soon :lotsaluv: He is adorable and Im thinking of you and Dylan since watching that dreaded "programmme".Ive been saying a little prayer for him everyday that he gets really well soon :xfngr: Love from Alex and I :lotsaluv:

Fingers crossed for the precious Dylan (I've not stopped thinking of you both) I love meeting cavs when I'm out,I get so excited!
Thank you, at the moment it's hard to tell as he would be scratching as his ears are sore. He still air scratches with his harness.

Back