Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick,

I am so sorry about Gizmo. I am waiting for our appointment with the neurologist next week. Annie, my 8 month old puppy has started showing symptoms and I suspect SM. The people on this board are caring, informed and empathetic. They will give you support, and always be there when it gets tough. I will keep you in my prayers and please keep us all posted.
    Martha
    Annie's mom

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Just noticed you are from Glasgow. Where did you get your dog MRI'd? And how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,

Liz

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just something I do and worth asking your vet or neurologist. I would split the 2x 100mg he has into three doses. You'll need empty capsules and it is a real pain to do but worth it. My dog is on the same dose as yours and these drugs really do last only 8 hours. 2 doses of 100mg tired Dylan out too much. I give him these capsules at 8am, 4pm and midnight. You don't need scales for this, by eye is ok.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick,

My heart goes out to you and Gizmo. I am going through the same thing with my Annie, 7 months old. Her neuro appt. is next week. The people here are wonderful, and the information is very helpful. I have read everything I can get my hands on before that appointment so I can ask the right questions. But the bottom line is that you are not alone. I will be thinking of you.
    Martha
    Annie's mom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heartbreaking

I am so sorry for you. My Molly was diagonosed last Thursday, I
    feel desperate and am unable to concentrate on anything. I have
    found joining this forum very helpful and comforting. I am thinking
    of you and Gizmo and am so sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Patrick,

I hope you and Gizmo are doing better and adjusting to the diagnosis. When I first put Annie's symptoms together and read about SM I was devestated. We have a neurologist appointment today for a consult. They can't do an MRI today because of the holiday but at least I can ask questions and perhaps get Annie started on medications. I have no doubt she has it, scratching episodes twice a day, and now I notice her head and neck remains "stiff" when she moves. She pulls away when I try to pet her like she has been hit or something (she has NEVER been hit) so it tells me there is discomfort. She scratches on lead but when on a harness does fine. My vet put her on allergy medications which helped with the scratching (had prednisone in it) but did not eliminate it.

I love Annie really hard one day at a time and my goal is for quality of life and comfort. She does fine right now, and with the medications hopefully for a long time. But from what everything I have read early onset (symptoms appeared at 5 months) symptoms can be severe and rapid progression can occur. I will let you know what the neurologist says.
    Martha
    Annie's mom

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just want to say that I am thinking of you all.
    This is such a terrible condition. These lovely little dogs do not deserve what is happening to them.

Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like

hello to you patrick and gizmo from myself and junior .. junior sais he is thinking of gizmo and im thinking of u both u must be upset ..however keep strong for urself and ur doggie ..dont treat him any different even if the pain is releaved im sure you been the loving owner to your dog you sound will keep your dog strong also .
    be a soldier with your lil cadette

JuNiORs DaDDy