• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scared

Ciren

she has yelped twice today in pain, in different circumstances.

i can't wait any longer so i am going to ring the vets in the morning.

i am hoping i am just being paranoid

I have a appointment to take her to the vet on wednesday, spoke to Axa and they will pay out for her to have a MRI. so we shall see. the lady asked why i thought she had SM and i listed off what i think, course the problem is she could just being doing thease things cause she is being a dog. at least now i will be able to set my mind at rest.

i feel for you hun, my star has mitral valve disease, and has now started yelping out in pain, and also scratches, we are going to get her MRI'd soon, please let us know how your little one is xxx fingers crossed for good news

How old is Peaches and what other symptoms has she displayed?

I went through the same thing a few months ago and had my girl MRI'd. She was diagnosed with PSOM (very mild Chiari malformation/common, and no syrinxes, no evidence of SM at this time.)

We were then referred over to a vet dermatologist who performed a myringotomy (ear plug removal and fluid flush) under anaesthesia, and followed up with medication and ear drops. Most of the symptoms have disappeared, though she has started scratching again occasionally for a minute or two several times a week. We will do a follow up with the dermatologist next week again to re-check her inner ears.

Before treatment, we had occasional "c" walking, head shaking, yelping for no apparent reason, scratching ears with full contact, and head rubbing after eating. It is once again important to note that we NEVER saw air scratching or bunny hopping, on or off the lead.

After you are cleared by your vet for other ailments which could cause these symptoms, then go see a vet neurologist who is up to speed on Cavaliers and SM. I found my neurologist on the Cavalierhealth.org site. I was fortunate that he was within a 20 minute drive of my home.

Good luck and try not to over stress yourself while you are investigating what is happening with Peaches. Please keep updates coming!

Back