• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sam

Aileen

It is with great sorrow that Sam my little Sam has died he came from Karlins rescue

http://i98.photobucket.com/remix/pl...3dd0d78.pbr&hostname=stream98.photobucket.com">
May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.

I want to go. I really do
. It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that,
and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you, too.
That's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.

Susan A. Jackson

Oh no. This is sad news indeed. I weep for you and send you and your family all my best thoughts and wishes :hug:

Awww....am so sorry to hear about little Sam, Aileen.:(
Run little Sam....RIP
Wot a beautiful dog...the photos are beautiful.

Oh Aileen :hug:I am so very sorry to hear about Sam. You gave him a wonderful life and I'm so sorry you've lost him. Run free Sam.

Aileen, I'm so very very sorry to read of Sam's passing :( you fought so hard for that little man. He couldn't have been more loved or cared for.
Sending love and hugs from our house to yours :hug::hug:

I am so saddened to hear of the loss of Sam.

He has a brave and special dog and Aileen was a generous and caring person who opened her home to him when he literally had nowhere to go.

Sam came to rescue in late November 2006 from a breeder who needed to place him as he was downsizing. Sam was not a very old dog, only 6, but he already had a heart murmur as the initial fosterer was given some medication for him. But when the fosterer got him to the vet it turned out the vet was amazed he was even alive; he has a grade 5 murmur and his heart was beating only about 25 beats per minute!! :eek: The first vet thought he might only have a few weeks to live and I debated what to do, whether to give him his wings, and if not, where would he go? It is never easy to home a dog with a health issue (incredibly the breeder rang me to ask where he would be homed so he could remind me that he was a great stud dog and still had some more use in him for his new home! :x And this was someone who knew he had a severe heart murmur already!).

We brought him along to Dublin and had him checked by one of my vets who noted he was on a human heart med and not a vet medication so the dosage was all wrong! Once we got him on proper meds he improved quite a bit within a day. Aileen offered him a home for as long as he would stay with us. The vets didn't think this would be very long -- a few months perhaps, maybe a year.

Cecily very kindly helped with transport as did NESSR springer rescue.

As it turned out he had a happy, loving home for nearly two years with Aileen and her gang. He was one lucky boy and obviously decided to stick around as long as he possibly could.

Thanks once again for providing him with such a lovely retirement home. My thoughts are with you Aileen as I know how hard his loss is for you. :flwr:

Oh Aileen, I'm so very ver sorry to hear Sam now has his wings. Thank you so much for giving him a wonderful, love filled home. :hug: :hug: to you and your at this time.

Aileen, I'm so sad to read this news about Sam. Thanks are due to all who helped Sam, but particularly to you and your family who were brave enough to take Sam on, even though his prognosis at the time was very poor :(.

Sam will be forever grateful to you for what you gave him - a loving, normal family life til the end.

Run free, Sam.

xxx

Aileen :( I am so sorry to hear about Sam, It is with tears in my eyes that I write this.

To all who helped Sam and to you who made his time left here so special :hug::hug:

May you remember all the happy times with Sam:)

Beautiful pictures btw Thankyou for sharing...Take care x

Aileen, my heart goes out to you on the loss of dear Sam. His memory will be forever in your heart.:hug:

Oh no! Aileen I'm so sorry. He really must have had a stellar home to live another two years with such a loud murmur. Well done to you for looking after him so well *ng*l

We only had him for one night but he was a lovely, friendly dog. We hadn't Tandie very long ourselves at the time and were on our way over to scotland to pick up dougal! We will remember him with much affection.

I'm sorry for your loss Aileen. I hope he and Tandie will meet again at the bridge :flwr:

PC150048.jpg

PC150043.jpg

Back