• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Should Know More

Oh Justine, I am sorry about Alf's, dont be so hard on yourself, he will be fine, dont you worry. Lucy is deaf and she is the happiest dog in the world, her facial expressions are just amazing! Alf will still be himself, if not better because he wont be in pain, its not your fault :lotsaluv:

Karlin,thtas what Shane the vet said.Alfs is at Killabby in Cork,one of the best in the country.He was amazed he had shown liittle pain lately,perhaps it was slightly better.It was hubbs who insisted Alfs went there for the second oppion.Glad we took him.Shane said having Archie will be of help to Alfs.But i am still peed with the local vet.

I forgot to say,the vet said there would be no more pain after the operation.I dont care that he will be deaf,he means the world to me,he will allways be my QUIRKY little man.He is my dog,we have something special.

Justine, a chroi, please don't be so har on yourself. How could you possibly have known that Alfie was i pain? You care so well for him. The important thing to know now is that you need to mind him through the next few weeks until his operation. Having Archie around will make things better for him I'm sure, as he'll have his brother to snuggle up to. You're so luck that Alfs has bonded so closely with you, and together you'll be able to get him to learn to sign etc. He'll still have hearing in his other ear won't he? And whatever happens he'll still be your Alfs. Huge hugs and lots of good thoughts on their way to you this evening. :hug: :hug:

Thanks,yes he still has hearing in the left side.Hes home now and soooo happy,real smile on his face,hes had his supper he booffed it down.Just to say its Gilabbey not kilabbey,god i am awful,it was stuck in my head.

Great to hear he's feeling a bit better. Bet he's glad to be back with Archie. Hope you're feeling better too :flwr:

Sorry Justine, I missed this. Glad Alfs is back home,sorry to hear the news.

Don't feel guilty these little guys are good at hiding pain..Pippin has done this before and made me feel really bad,but I could not have known and neither could you.

Hugs to you and Alfs.

sorry to hear that justine!

It must be very hard for u at the moment. Good luck to alfie on the 15th!!!

Awwww,you all such a lovely bunch of girlies.Any way all clear with insurance for Alfs,cost about 1.500.00/2.000.00 euro for the op.So alls ok there.Spoke to the vet,thay will check his heart and other vitals before op,all being well he should be home in about 2 days after.Poor Alfs.

:( Oh poor Afls and poor you, you've got enough on your plate. I didn't notice a date for the operation, did I miss it? I sure he will be ok Jus :hug:

Hi Pauline,its on the 15 sept.at 9.30 am.My nans name was pauline,i loved her dearly,and think of her most days.She is dead now.She dated Cary Grant.

Hi Pauline,its on the 15 sept.at 9.30 am.My Nan's name was Pauline,i loved her dearly,and think of her most days.She is dead now.She dated Cary Grant.

I prefer my middle name, Abigail. My Nan's are both gone too, they were called Mary and Zena. Cary Grant was lovely.

10 more days to go then, we're with you all the way :hug:

I forgot to say,the vet said there would be no more pain after the operation.I dont care that he will be deaf,he means the world to me,he will allways be my QUIRKY little man.He is my dog,we have something special.
Aw, he'll still be able to hear out of his other ear. I'm so glad the op will completely relieve his pain. Will be watching for your post on the 15th. :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw:

Back