• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Should Know More

Justine

Tommorrow,Alfs at the vets.Hopefully it wont be bad news.He still shaking and going at his ears.Allthough he doesnt seem as deaf.Bless him.

:xfngr::xfngr::xfngr: crossed for him tomorrow Justine. And for you! Hope it all goes well. I'll be thinking of you both.

Ciren,hope alls well with you as well.Alfs cant have breakie,and hubbbs taken him at 8 am.I will miss him,i hate it when hes not around.Will let everyone know tommorrow whats going down.I am hoping they wont keep him in for the nite.

Prayers and good thoughts going up for you and little Alfs. Will be waiting to hear what the Vet says. :xfngr:

Best of luck today Justine. Hope all goes well. Will be thinking of you and Alfie :flwr:

Ok,BAD NEWS.The ear canal will have to be removed.The infection ,which has just never cleared up.Build up of moisture,drops etc etc,just made it worse.It should of been looked at better,but the vet said the local vet would not of realised.Its just the right ear the left is ok.If we went down the other road it would mean more antibiotics and it proberly will never clear up.So the only option is the above.It means he will be totaly deaf on his right side.I did ring the vets here to tell them as i did ask for him to be knocked out about 4 months ago,they didnt want to do that as they thought it would clear up and they thought that was a little extreme.So now i am sad becos i should of been more pushy.So i am fed up .Poor Alfs.

Oh Justine! I'm so sorry to hear the news. :( Alfs is in the best possible place to be cared for and I'll sure he'll recover very well. :hug: :hug: to you at the moment. Tanya

Operation is on the 15th.I am very fed up.the vet said he has been in a good bit of pain,he has of lately not shown it.I am also going through a guilt trip.

Justine - you need to remember that you are now doing the right thing. Don't beat yourself up. 20/20 hindsight and all of that. The important thing is that he's going to be okay. Please don't be too hard on youself. Alfs wouldn't want you to :hug:

When they aren't showing obvious pain, it is really hard to diagnose something like this and normally it would easily clear. So I wouldn't be hard on yourself or your regular vet. You could consider a second opinion from UCD vet school, if you haven't done so.

Sorry to hear about Alfs Justine. Dont beat yourself up over it there was nothing more you could have done. What a little trooper that he never showed any sign of pain. :hug::hug: for you both. :flwr:

Back