Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Know More

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Justine, I am sorry about Alf's, dont be so hard on yourself, he will be fine, dont you worry. Lucy is deaf and she is the happiest dog in the world, her facial expressions are just amazing! Alf will still be himself, if not better because he wont be in pain, its not your fault
    Sue, Prince (B&T, DOB: 28/09/2001) & Lucy (Tri, DOB Unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin,thtas what Shane the vet said.Alfs is at Killabby in Cork,one of the best in the country.He was amazed he had shown liittle pain lately,perhaps it was slightly better.It was hubbs who insisted Alfs went there for the second oppion.Glad we took him.Shane said having Archie will be of help to Alfs.But i am still peed with the local vet.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to say,the vet said there would be no more pain after the operation.I dont care that he will be deaf,he means the world to me,he will allways be my QUIRKY little man.He is my dog,we have something special.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Justine, a chroi, please don't be so har on yourself. How could you possibly have known that Alfie was i pain? You care so well for him. The important thing to know now is that you need to mind him through the next few weeks until his operation. Having Archie around will make things better for him I'm sure, as he'll have his brother to snuggle up to. You're so luck that Alfs has bonded so closely with you, and together you'll be able to get him to learn to sign etc. He'll still have hearing in his other ear won't he? And whatever happens he'll still be your Alfs. Huge hugs and lots of good thoughts on their way to you this evening.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,yes he still has hearing in the left side.Hes home now and soooo happy,real smile on his face,hes had his supper he booffed it down.Just to say its Gilabbey not kilabbey,god i am awful,it was stuck in my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Justine, delighted to hear that he's happy again, now that he's home.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear he's feeling a bit better. Bet he's glad to be back with Archie. Hope you're feeling better too
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Justine, I missed this. Glad Alfs is back home,sorry to hear the news.

Don't feel guilty these little guys are good at hiding pain..Pippin has done this before and made me feel really bad,but I could not have known and neither could you.

Hugs to you and Alfs.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that justine!

It must be very hard for u at the moment. Good luck to alfie on the 15th!!!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

Awwww,you all such a lovely bunch of girlies.Any way all clear with insurance for Alfs,cost about 1.500.00/2.000.00 euro for the op.So alls ok there.Spoke to the vet,thay will check his heart and other vitals before op,all being well he should be home in about 2 days after.Poor Alfs.