Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy another one?

Post Thanks / Like

YES- I am actually getting another Cavalier in less than 2 weeks. I have made sure to purchase her through a very reputable breeder, one that other breeders have highly recommended to me. There are no guarantees in life, but I think if we go about it the right way, we stand a good chance of having a healthy dog. I would have never dreamed that I'd be the owner of two dogs prior to getting Jato. He has come into my world, and brought me so much joy, love, and laughter. I can't wait to have double the fun soon!!!
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

yes 100% i would have another 2moro. they are easy dogs live with my rottweilers without any problems. cant ever see me being without a c.k.c.s

Post Thanks / Like

I would have another cavalier, although the next time I would go through a reputable breeder. I would now know what questions to ask and what health certificates to see, and to walk away if things don't seem right. I hope and pray my two will be healthy and live a long life, (although Gabby has just been diagnosed with hip dysplasia). Or maybe I would adopt a rescue cav in the future, either way a cavalier king charles spaniel is my choice
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

We have already been through an MRI w/PSOM before the age of one. Our girl has mild CM with no herniation, no syrinxes, so "no evidence of SM at this time."

I am hanging on the relatively good news for now, but there are no guarantees that she won't get it when she is older. I am so head over heels in love with this otherwise perfect companion, that I will handle whatever comes as it may. I am also trying to enjoy her and not dwell on the world of what if, but it is difficult to say the least.

So....I would say that until there is further research resulting in breeding protocols that drastically reduce the malformation which can result in SM, I will just enjoy the one dog, and not look to get another any time soon.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to have more cavaliers in my life!
    i think its easy for me to say YES at this moment as I've not yet see my pets in pain. However, I'd make a conscious choice to take care of them to the best of my ability if they are ever diagnosed with any type of disease.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'm always going to have a cavalier or 2 in my fur family
    Elaine and Cody

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sins View Post
    Yes I would! They're simply the most marvellous little dogs imaginable.

Exactly what I was going to say! After having my two I would never even consider another breed.
    Miranda, Penny and Bailey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Absolutely! But I will use this information in Karlin's post when I'm looking for a new puppy: http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=26676
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I have been put off but then it's easy to say whilst I have one. If anything happened to Dylan I'd be very sad without a Cavalier. I am thinking seriously about fostering. And you know how soppy I am, I may well end up a failed foster
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Pauline,

There is nothing wrong with being a failed foster mummy, go for it

Alison.