Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Would you buy another one?

Post Thanks / Like

Annie has 1. grade MVD and SM.
    But I will have another cavalier (hopefully next year or in 2010).

And I will be very careful where to get my next cavalier girl from.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Whom did you buy Annie from?I'm thinking of one more Cav,but I'm scared,nobody gives any normal chance to ask questions.Not to say many breeders don't even reply to requests.Even if they do,there's no mention about health.Just show results count!I'm very disappointed.
    Lots of talk about health,very little information about HEALTHY lines and dogs.All of them are breeding before 2.5 years of age.
    My dog is my world

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please get the information on this breeder privately through a PM, please.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

OK,nomina sunt odiosa.I understand reasons.
    My dog is my world

Post Thanks / Like

I want to have another Cavalier one day but am terrified. Oliver was only diagnosed with SM on Sept. 18 by MRI and he will be 5 on the 22nd of this month. I had never even heard of this disease until I had to rush him to an emergency clinic on Labour Day. I am brand new to this forum and hope I am posting in the correct area.

This past Monday we had another visit with Oliver's neurologist at the OVC in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Oliver is participating in a study, as his dam. Oliver's breeder, who mostly used UK bloodlines is having all of her bitches tested and is also partcipating in the study. I feel so lost in all of this. I don't think he's in pain, yet, but I know he's been in discomfort. We have changed his meds and so far so good, but it's only been since Monday.

I am so glad that another Cavalier owner suggested this site to me as there is a wealth of information which is hard to find on the internet.

Karlin, I thank you for your tips on future acquisitions of a Cavalier. At the time Oliver came into my life, his heart, eyes, and patella's were "guaranteed" to be clear. I've enjoyed the companionship of many other breeds throughout my life, but there is just something extra special about Oliver and I can't imagine my life without a Cavalier in it. Wonderful site!

Deborah, Oliver's Mum

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first Cavalier and I pray that we do not experience the health problems that I have read about. I do believe that you take a risk with any breed including a mix "pund puppy". My 13 year old mix has seizures & has been on meds for the past 10 years. My cocker mix had cronic mange that would get so bad she had to be carried outside for potty. If I were to answer right now today, I would have to answer that yes, I would have another for sure.