• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Episodic falling

HollyDolly

There is much debate about MVD and SM but was wondering if anyone out there has had a cavalier suffer from episodic falling yes I know yet another problem connected to our lovely breed.:confused:

HollyDolly
cassie, holly and guss:dogwlk:

There have been several on the board with cavaliers with this condition.

Sorry have too say my youngest Amber has episodic falling, It took me two years to find out what was wrong with her, and how to limit the amount of episodes she was having.

I think my youngest also has EFS. He had one episode when he was 4 or 5 months old that looked very similar to some of the videos. He's just turned 14 months now and I haven't seen any more, so I'm hoping that was it.
Bev, along with :paw: Oliver (7 yr old blen), :paw: Riley (6 yr old bl & tan),
:paw: Madison (4 yr old ruby), and :paw: Oz (1 yr old tri)

My little man Prince also suffers from Episodic Falling, he hasnt had a seizure for over 2 years now (thank god) so hopefully we wont be seeing one again. He had his first seizure when he was 11 months and it was terrible, at first we thought it was epilepsy but that was rulled out. It is a horrible thing and very upsetting to see your little fur baby in distress!!!

EF

After two episodes a month apart, I'm taking Charlie to the vet on Wed am. I'm hoping she knows something about this. I didn't realize what was happening the first time. I just thought maybe he slept wrong and his legs fell asleep. He seemed to snap out of it fast, but this past weekend his whole body went rigid for several minutes, front legs pushed out if front of him and hind legs collapsed and trembling. Poor little boy was awake thru the whole thing. I had never heard of EF but after researching the episode online, found video after video of what Charlie looked like. :(

Back