• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Member as of Last Week

Jan Bell

Hello,

Like so many others I found this board (or more accurately, my husband Graham found the board) when surfing the net after the Pedigree Dogs Exposed programme.

I've got two lovely Cavaliers, Toby an 11 year old tricolour, and one year old Rufus who is black and tan. I got Toby when my Welsh Springer Spaniel, Becky, who was only 2 at the time developed arthritis in her front leg and so I had to limit her exercise to half hour twice a day. I wanted to get her a companion who wouldn't need more exercise that she could manage, and a lady at my dog training club suggested a Cavalier. Our love affair with Cavaliers started the moment we got Toby!

Becky and Toby lived happily together until I lost her last year, but by this time we had also got Rufus. I now can't imagine life without a Cavalier or two.

I knew about heart problems but not that much about SM, so I have been trying to learn as much as possible. Luckily, I found this site, which has been a real help in providing information I can understand clearly. I've been in contact with Beverley Cuddy from Dogs Today magazine as well, and I just hope that with so many people campaigning the future of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel will become more hopeful.

Actually it's been good timing for me to do lots of web research and write a lot of letters, as I am off work for six weeks having had a knee operation. I've really been enjoying looking at all the pictures on this site, although all the stories of SM are so terribly sad.

So far at 11 Toby only has a grade 2 heart mumur and he is in good health. He came from an agility breeder who cared a lot about her dogs, so perhaps that is why. By the time I got Rufus I knew a lot more about the heart problems so I made sure that he came from heart tested parents. - I had a long conversation with his breeder who said that she preferred older studs as she could be more certain of their health. I didn't ask about SM though, as despite being a member of the CKCS club, I just didn't realise how bad it was.

I look forward to reading up more Cavalier news and information on this site now I have found it and will add some pictures to my profile shortly.

Hi and welcome to the site hun, looking forward to seeing more pics of your lovely babes and getting to know you better xx i am owned by 4 cavvies, i have star who is a 4 year old tri , Lola who is 3 and half and is also a tri, Kc my lovely 19 month black and tan boy, and my little girl Tia who is a 6 month old ruby girl x

Hi Jan! Welcome to you, Toby and Rufus. This site is a wonderful go to place for questions, health information, fun, and support. I think you will find it is quite addictive. Looking forward to :snap: !

Back