Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home ready in Central Scotland

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home ready in Central Scotland

Hi there

I'm not sure if this is in the right place or even if I am allowed to do this (if not mods, please delete and apologies).

I live in Central Scotland and am desperately looking for an adult Cav. Sex and colour are not important as I really want to gve a home to a rescue Cav.

I do work although am not out the house all day and I work term time so have lots of holidays but would not take a dog used to a 24/7 companion as it's not fair.

I am on several rescue sites and also the CKCS rescue place up here. I do look at the Many Tears site but I personally think that Wales to Scotland is a little far from the dogs perspective. I would be taking it from where it knows with the prospect of an 8 hour journey ahead of it not including the lots of stops I would need to make!!! However they do have 2 fosterers in Scotland so am keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm not sure what else to say aside from there is a very loving home here and a little girl who will be 7 next month who will smother a dog with love!!

My childhood dog ws a Cav and I just adore them.

Thanks in advance

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you find a Cavalier soon. Glad you are going for a rescue
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh there are plenty unloved dogs out there and I want to give one some love and a proper home that perhaps it hasn't had.

Keeping my fingers crossed

(jeez...have had a look at the puppy pics!!!! OMG...how cute!!! You can practically tell how soft and snuffly they are just by looking at them!!! We had a black and tan one when I ws little so I have a particular soft spot for those ones!!! bless!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know from one of my moderators in Scotland that very few rescue dogs come up in Scottish rescues.

The UK rescue posts that appear here are not directly posted by the rescues -- you would need to contact them yourself. The best advice is to get your name down with all the breed rescues and also check the listings here and on Dogpages, local shelters or at least regional shelters.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    I know from one of my moderators in Scotland that very few rescue dogs come up in Scottish rescues.

The UK rescue posts that appear here are not directly posted by the rescues -- you would need to contact them yourself. The best advice is to get your name down with all the breed rescues and also check the listings here and on Dogpages, local shelters or at least regional shelters.
    So it would appear I do drive so am willing to travel but s I say I don't want to travel too far and that is not for my benefit, it is purely for the dogs.

I am just getting my name out there as much as I possibly can and checking everywhere I think I may get one - in fact I am getting quite obsessive about it now!!!

Thank you for the advice x

p.s your and Pauline's avators are wee cuties

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

to the board Lil Miss. It's a wonderful thing you are doign being willing to give a rescue dog a home. I really hope a one finds you. Karlin's advice is, as always, great. Just on the travelling point, I have heard of dogs who have gone on very long journeys to get to their forever homes, so I wouldn't let that be a deterrant. I have been involved in driving rescue dogs from the very south of Ireland all the way up north - which ok isn't quite as far as the length of the UK, but the point is, if the forever home is worth the trek, a rescue may very well be willing to let a dog go that far away. Furthermore, the dogs that are allowed to do that kind of a journey tend to be the one that will cope best with it, so I wouldn't let that deter you from registering with all the rescue organisations around the UK. Best of luck!
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lil Miss

I'm a trustee for The Spaniel Trust, which is a Scottish charity which helps spaniels in need.

Don't despair - Cavs do come up. In fact, we've successfully placed 2 cavaliers with forever homes in the last 3 months .

We have a strong support network, particularly in Scotland and the North-East of England. You're welcome to e-mail me on:

fran@spanieltrust.com

Although we don't have any cavaliers under our care at the moment, that situation can always change very quickly.

Fran x
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like

Don't despair Lil Miss. I got my two boys from a breeder who had been unable to sell them. Six months old. So possibly worth contacting reputable breeders too. Good luck in your search.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    Hi Lil Miss

I'm a trustee for The Spaniel Trust, which is a Scottish charity which helps spaniels in need.

Don't despair - Cavs do come up. In fact, we've successfully placed 2 cavaliers with forever homes in the last 3 months .

We have a strong support network, particularly in Scotland and the North-East of England. You're welcome to e-mail me on:

fran@spanieltrust.com

Although we don't have any cavaliers under our care at the moment, that situation can always change very quickly.

Fran x
    Fantastic This was the kind of thing I ws hoping could happen by my signing up to all these forums. I have sent you a PM. Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    Don't despair Lil Miss. I got my two boys from a breeder who had been unable to sell them. Six months old. So possibly worth contacting reputable breeders too. Good luck in your search.

Another fab idea MaryJane and I will certainly give that a try if a rescue one is eluding me...hopefully though I can offer a forever home to a unwanted wee doggy

Thank you x