• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Missing Cavalier

Molly Mo

My parents informed me this evening that a tri colour cavalier has been stolen from outside a shop in Harrogate on Saturday 6th Sept, she gave me the owners number, I contacted him and he is so upset, the cavalier is called Dolly and is 9years old, she is on medication for her heart and she has a distinctive red line on her nose. I said to him about the cavalier website, he has already been in touch, there will be a picture on tomorrow of Dolly. There are posters everywhere in Harrogate, he has contacted the local radio stations, vets, schools etc, I just wondered if anyone else had any suggestions for this poor family who are so worried. Many thanks
Sarah

would it be ok to cross post this so more people get to see ? if any one has any info who do they contact you ?

Yea that is a good idea, Im quite new to this, what do I need to do? You can contact me, Im sure Martyn Dolly's owner will be more than happy to be contacted. He is out at the moment looking for her, i have informed him I have put this on the site and he is going to register to this site when he gets home, Thanks so much for your quick response, Sarah

Maybe this dog will end up in the pound. Can you call them too? Is she chipped and does she have a tag?

Hi Pauline, thanks for your repsonse but im not sure what the pound is?????? Would you inform me on what I need to do and who to call? Many thanks Sarah

Hi Pauline, thanks for your response but I'm not sure what the pound is?????? Would you inform me on what I need to do and who to call? Many thanks Sarah

The dog pound is where they take any stray dogs. You never know, a kid could have untied the dog assuming it had been abandoned.

I'd call the police too. I took a stray dog home once, called the police who told me to ring the RSPCA or someone like that. But I soon got a call from the police saying the owner had called them. I took the dog back to them.

Thanks Pauline, I will pass that on, I know they have informed the police, thanks for your support, Sarah

:mad:
would it be ok to cross post this so more people get to see ? if any one has any info who do they contact you ?

Hi could you let me know how I cross post this so more people get to see the original message? Many thanks Sarah

I think this is actually a blenheim, not a tricolour. The owner has joined so may have a picture to upload but think I saw this dog pictured eslewhere as a blenheim.

Crossposting just means do people here have permission to themselves post this information elsewhere?

The owners should put up posters offering a 'large reward' (but don't specifiy an amount) all over the area. Make sure people know the dog's AGE on the poster too as often a female would have been stolen to be used for breeding. POsters all over the area, talking to neighbour kids etc is a good way to get word out.

I am Dolly`s owner

Thank you Sarah, I am now registered, my email address is [email protected], 07748155813. I am dropping in some posters into the sorting office as nearly everyone gets post, and Dolly hates the postman!, getting a good write up in the local weekly paper on Friday and we have been on local Radio bulletins. There are pictures going to press of Dolly and pictures from cctv of the thief(and her 5/6 year old daughter-nice example?). Any further suggestions welcome, Thank you. Martyn, Jacqui and Nina (4.5yrs)

also inform the vets in the area...many times people take a dog to their nearest vet if they find it straying, even put the word out at local dog clubs in the area, groomers, pet shops etc...

Alison.

Thank you Sarah, I am now registered, my email address is [email protected], 07748155813. I am dropping in some posters into the sorting office as nearly everyone gets post, and Dolly hates the postman!, getting a good write up in the local weekly paper on Friday and we have been on local Radio bulletins. There are pictures going to press of Dolly and pictures from cctv of the thief(and her 5/6 year old daughter-nice example?). Any further suggestions welcome, Thank you. Martyn, Jacqui and Nina (4.5yrs)
Hi Martyn
Welcome, any news? I phoned my mum tonight to see if she had heard anything, Is Dolly a tri or Bleniem? My mum said Tri???? she has maybe got it wrong, I hope you and your family are ok, if there is anything I can do please just ask. I have been checking this site all day for you, keep me posted. take care, Sarah

Hi Martyn
Welcome, any news? I phoned my mum tonight to see if she had heard anything, Is Dolly a tri or Bleniem? My mum said Tri???? she has maybe got it wrong, I hope you and your family are ok, if there is anything I can do please just ask. I have been checking this site all day for you, keep me posted. take care, Sarah
My spelling is not too good!:(

I think this is actually a blenheim, not a tricolour. The owner has joined so may have a picture to upload but think I saw this dog pictured eslewhere as a blenheim.

Crossposting just means do people here have permission to themselves post this information elsewhere?

The owners should put up posters offering a 'large reward' (but don't specifiy an amount) all over the area. Make sure people know the dog's AGE on the poster too as often a female would have been stolen to be used for breeding. POsters all over the area, talking to neighbour kids etc is a good way to get word out.

Hi Yes Dolly is a Blenheim, my mum got it wrong, thanks for your advice, lets keep our fingers crossed they find her, many thanks, Sarah

Back