Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finn is deathly ill

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sending Finnigan lot's of positive thoughts and good vibes l hope he's feeling better soon
    Elaine and Cody

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear about Finn...he's in my thoughts and please keep us posted on how he's doing I know it's scary when you don't know what's wrong with them. Do you have pet insurance on him? If not, most vets will work with you to pay a bit at a time, if that helps...just a thought. I hope he's okay, stay strong for him
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what it could be, but I will be praying for you and your finances, too. As a single mom, I know how worrying it is when things happen unexpectedly. When this crisis is past, you might look into pet insurance. It sure saved my butt this summer. I had over $2,000 in vet bills. The lion's share of those were for my cav that was covered by an Embrace policy. I know that isn't what is on your mind right now, however.

I will be thinking of you and Finnigan.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Finn.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

The thing about the greasy stools-Freckles had that one time and not at the time of pain. I scoured the web for weeks and Giardia seemed to fit the problems-the vet was not convinced until the report came back . After treatment, he has not had another episode .
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Look into getting a carecredit credit card. They have a 12 month no interest plan you could look into. I hope he feels better soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and healing thoughts going up right now for little Finn, and you as you wait for a diagnosis!
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

I surely don't want to minimize what is happening with Finn but I did have an incident when Jake was young. He was obviously in pain and walked kind of hunched up, wouldn't get down off the bed and didn't want to be touched. He had woken up several times crying and I ended up putting him in bed with us and ran him to the vet in the a.m. Turned out he had gas. I felt silly but my vet told me to remember how I feel when I have those horrible stabbing gas pains and that at least I know what they are....he's just a dog and has no idea.

Hoping you hear something positive today.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Finn. I hope everything turns out ok Big for both of you.
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    Thinking of you and Finn. I hope everything turns out ok Big for both of you.

Finn ingested something that was too big for his little intestines. It has finally made its way to his large intestine but hasn't passed yet even with the help of enemas. He is starting to squat like he has to go. If it doesn't pass soon,they are going to have to knock him out and try and massage it out. He developed aspriation pneumonia from retching. He is still quite ill. I will never pray so hard for a dog to poop.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. We still have aways to go.