• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finn is deathly ill

oh my goodness! I worry about that all the time. I am constantly scouring for stuff on the floor, and still wind up having to pry things from Bandit's mouth. I do hope Finn passes it without having any major intervention, and it sounds like the pneumonia could be a bigger problem.

Here are hugs to you and wishes for a speedy recovery.:hug:

My then 2 year old blenheim swallowed a cat toy he found at the pet sitter's (you can bet we don't take our dogs there anymore!!). It became impacted and was unable to be passed. He was really ill and ended up with surgery, losing 2 feet of his intestines which had become gangrenous in a very short period of time. I'm not saying this to worry you, but to let you know that Oliver came out of this like a champ. He is now 7+ years old and has no digestive problems. He doesn't have to eat special food and his poops are perfectly normal. Hopefully Finn will be able to pass it on his own, or even with some massage help. It is so sad to see them so acutley ill. Your heart just breaks. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's able to pass it soon :xfngr:. I'll be thinking about you all night. Please keep us all posted.
Bev, :paw: Oliver (7 yr old blen), :paw: Riley (6 yr old bl & tan), :paw:Madison (5 yr old ruby) and :paw:Oz (1 yr old tri)

Hoping Finn is able to pass his obstruction. My brother's golden ate an entire corn cob, she spent a couple of days at the vet's office under observation and eventually passed it on her (with a little bit of "help"). She went on to live a long healthy life.

Hoping we heard good news soon.:xfngr:

Thoughts and prayers for Finn that he is able to get rid of this ? :xfngr: And :flwr: for you for holding up this very long day

Finn's Mum,

It is good that they have found out what is wrong, and I hope for an update from you shortly with good news. Until then, we are all thinking of you and wish you and Finn the best.

This must be so frightening and worrying. I hope he has passed the item and will not need surgery. :xfngr::xfngr:

So Sorry to hear this i will say a pray for ye and hope that ye will not have to operate on him!

Thinking of you from here too - I really hope he passes whatever is causing the obstruction.

Sadly many things do not show up on x-ray - one of the worst is baby's dummies, the rubber teat is easy to chew off and blocks the intestines, and doesn't show up...one reason to NEVER give a dummy to a dog.

I am also aware of a Cavalier who died afer ingesting a corn cob :(

We really hope for some good news for Finn today.

Thinking of you from here too - I really hope he passes whatever is causing the obstruction.

Sadly many things do not show up on x-ray - one of the worst is baby's dummies, the rubber teat is easy to chew off and blocks the intestines, and doesn't show up...one reason to NEVER give a dummy to a dog.

I am also aware of a Cavalier who died afer ingesting a corn cob :(

We really hope for some good news for Finn today.
They did an ultrasound. They can see it clearly in the large intestine now. It has to clear the bend and go onto freedom. I won't find out till after 10 today if he passed it on his own or they have to help him. He has to stopp throwing up to come home. Please Please continue to pray for my beloved Finn. I haven't slept in 3 days because he is not here to sleep with me. He curls up in a little ball behind my knees to sleep.
He helped my hubby recover from a cardiac arrest and brain damage. My hubby is lost without him too. Even our other animals miss him. The rabbit keeps looking for him and so does the mastiff. We really love that little guy.

All Finn's vitals are good though he is still wretching and hasn't passed that horrible, nasty, obstruction yet. I am praying with all my heart and soul. I would give my left arm to have him home right now.

He'll be home soon,they're not going to leave him in distress,they'll do everything to help things along.:xfngr:

Back