• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finn is deathly ill

My prayers to you and Finn. I know how scary that must be. I really hope they figure things out -- and soon!

New Twist

The ultrasound today showed something new that has them rethinking an obstruction. His adrenal glands are too small and his hormone level is only 3 when it should be 2. They believe he may have Addison's disease instead. It can present like an intestinal obstruction. I am so confused. The good news is can be treated the bad news is Finn still can't keep any food down and is still quite ill. They are sending out the blood work today and we won't know until Monday. More agony. His intenstines could have been irriatated by the disease and that is why they thought he had an obstruction. They were really inflamed. Thanks to supplying me with the knowledge of giardia. They are going to treat him for that too. Lets hope that we finally know what is wrong with him.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support. Hopefully we are seeing light out of a very dark tunnel.

Lets hope that this is the start of a brighter patch for Finn. It must be better now that they have finally found out what the problem is.
Best wishes,

What an awful rollercoaster you are on! If it's any consolation I just assisted with rescue in placing a 3 year old female with Addison's. Her prognosis and life expectancy is great. She takes 1/2 prednisone daily and has a blood test and injection every 5 weeks. She's a very happy girl and doing great.

Here is the website I found when researching how Addison's would affect this girl http://www.addisondogs.com/

And WDJ had a great article on Addison's a while back.

If it turns out this is what it is and you are interested in the articles....please pm me.

Praying, hoping and wishing that Finn will be okay soon.

Thinking about you and Finn.....will be saying a prayer that all goes well this weekend and that Monday brings very good news.

Lots of positive vibes out to you and Finn - I can only imagine what you are going through - hopefully you'll get some good news soon!

Krista

Just after seeing this thread.
So sorry to hear Finn has been so ill. How is he now? My thought are with you xxx

Back