Thread: Petplan Which Ins Level Needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Petplan Which Ins Level Needed

Hi

My threes pet ins is due shortly last year being their first year as they are 2 , 11/2 and 1 we went with petpals but upon renewal they have changed their ins comp and are now asking for and increase and we to pay 20% for Pops plus £80 excess for all and i have never claimed they they can go away .So for lifetime it has to be Petplan but they offer true lifetime cover in three levels the first is vets fees up to £4000 the second up to £6000 and the third unlimited so the question is if one come across the most expensive maintenance illness there is would i need to cover it for £4000 or £6000 or unlimited vets fees ,what should i go for advice needed pls
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Brian try "Axa" pet insurance online, giving lifetime condition cover, 1 level, excellent coverage. I use for all of mine now. Never had a problem and fast payouts. Get a quote online and cover straight away online also.

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,i dont know.Alfs is having a big OP on Monday to have his ear canal closed ,due to a bad infection.The cost roughly,1.500/2.000.00 Euro.We will still have about 1.500.00 left.Well if his other ear goes before March,we wont have any monies left for other visits to the vets.

Post Thanks / Like

don't know if you can get Embrace over there (they are a LLoyd's of London company) but that is what I had on Pixie and they were great. 10% copay per incident, $200.00 maximum deductible annually, true lifetime continuing care. They also cover genetic problems. They also pay the actual vet bill, not a preset benefit. My experience with them was very positive in all respects.
    Last edited by brotymo; 13th September 2008 at 11:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Petplan for Jasper, just done an online quote with Axa and their price is half the price of Petplan, I can't find out online how much for both Jasper and Gabby so I'm going to phone on Monday, even the phone call is free to contact them
    Andrea
    Jasper
    21/Dec/05 - 28 August 2014 my best friend, my soulmate
    Gabby 8/Nov/07,
    Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

My threes pet ins is due shortly last year being their first year as they are 2 , 11/2 and 1 we went with petpals but upon renewal they have changed their ins comp and are now asking for and increase and we to pay 20% for Pops plus £80 excess for all and i have never claimed they they can go away .So for lifetime it has to be Petplan but they offer true lifetime cover in three levels the first is vets fees up to £4000 the second up to £6000 and the third unlimited so the question is if one come across the most expensive maintenance illness there is would i need to cover it for £4000 or £6000 or unlimited vets fees ,what should i go for advice needed pls
    Hi, Try Sainsbury's pet insurance, I have my cavalier insured with them, they have been great, she had her MRI scan done and she is covered for life for her SM medication.
    Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

I use Pet Plan, cover for life.
    It cost's about £30 a month to insure Amber.#

I'll have to look into "Axa".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HI

Just done it last night and as i have three i went for the cover for life budget level £4000 vet fees and that cost me £760 next up was £6000 vet fees that was £925 and top unlimited fees but that was over £1050.So its done and i can up cover on certain conditions maybe there is cheaper but i dont know if its exactly like for like
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T