• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Petplan Which Ins Level Needed

Brian M

Hi

My threes pet ins is due shortly last year being their first year as they are 2 , 11/2 and 1 we went with petpals but upon renewal they have changed their ins comp and are now asking for and increase and we to pay 20% for Pops plus £80 excess for all and i have never claimed they they can go away .So for lifetime it has to be Petplan but they offer true lifetime cover in three levels the first is vets fees up to £4000 the second up to £6000 and the third unlimited so the question is if one come across the most expensive maintenance illness there is would i need to cover it for £4000 or £6000 or unlimited vets fees ,what should i go for advice needed pls

Brian try "Axa" pet insurance online, giving lifetime condition cover, 1 level, excellent coverage. I use for all of mine now. Never had a problem and fast payouts. Get a quote online and cover straight away online also.

Alison.

Hi,i dont know.Alfs is having a big OP on Monday to have his ear canal closed ,due to a bad infection.The cost roughly,1.500/2.000.00 Euro.We will still have about 1.500.00 left.Well if his other ear goes before March,we wont have any monies left for other visits to the vets.

don't know if you can get Embrace over there (they are a LLoyd's of London company) but that is what I had on Pixie and they were great. 10% copay per incident, $200.00 maximum deductible annually, true lifetime continuing care. They also cover genetic problems. They also pay the actual vet bill, not a preset benefit. My experience with them was very positive in all respects.

Last edited:
I have Petplan for Jasper, just done an online quote with Axa and their price is half the price of Petplan, I can't find out online how much for both Jasper and Gabby so I'm going to phone on Monday, even the phone call is free to contact them:)

Hi

My threes pet ins is due shortly last year being their first year as they are 2 , 11/2 and 1 we went with petpals but upon renewal they have changed their ins comp and are now asking for and increase and we to pay 20% for Pops plus £80 excess for all and i have never claimed they they can go away .So for lifetime it has to be Petplan but they offer true lifetime cover in three levels the first is vets fees up to £4000 the second up to £6000 and the third unlimited so the question is if one come across the most expensive maintenance illness there is would i need to cover it for £4000 or £6000 or unlimited vets fees ,what should i go for advice needed pls

Hi, Try Sainsbury's pet insurance, I have my cavalier insured with them, they have been great, she had her MRI scan done and she is covered for life for her SM medication.
Sarahcavtiny

I use Pet Plan, cover for life.
It cost's about £30 a month to insure Amber.#

I'll have to look into "Axa".

HI

Just done it last night and as i have three i went for the cover for life budget level £4000 vet fees and that cost me £760 next up was £6000 vet fees that was £925 and top unlimited fees but that was over £1050.So its done and i can up cover on certain conditions maybe there is cheaper but i dont know if its exactly like for like:confused:

Back