Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lola

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Lola

This week has been a very hard week for my family. My grandmother passed early this morning with all of us by her side. Then, after my sister and I drove back to TN to collect our spouses before the services tomorrow and Monday, my sister's beloved English bulldog, Lola, died. There was a mishap with their gate and fence, and she and their other dog got out. They were unaware they were even out of the yard, and they ran onto a busy rode in our town. Lola was hit and killed, and our family is just devastated. I tried to find some photos on my computer of her, but they're all in print. She was 5 and was my sister's first "baby" before she had her 2 children. She was one of the sweetest and happiest dogs I've ever encountered and LOVED those children. I just wanted to share this as we are in need of prayers at this time.

Jessica
    Jessica, mom to Ruby, 1 yr. old blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry, Jessica, for both your losses. That is a special experience to be able to gather the family to be at your grandmother's side, though, and I'm sure that meant a lot to all. But then, how terrible for your sister to have this accident happen and lose Lola -- who sounds lovely -- so close to the loss of your grandmother. It would be hard enough as is but it can only compound the losses all around. My thoughts are with your family.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jessica, so sorry. Losing a family member and a beloved pet (also family member) together like that is just awful. But maybe Lola is with your grandmother.
    I, too, lost a dog, a vizsla named Riley on New Years Eve 2003/04 when we were out of town and neighbors were watching our dogs. Apparently the fireworks excited him (he was a bird dog and thought fireworks were people hunting) and the dogs somehow lifted the chain link gate off it's hinges, escaped, and got killed out on a busy road. Fortunately a kind person rescued our other vizsla who was darting in and out of cars before she, too was killed and used the info on their tags to find us.

I understand the guilt that is felt when you wonder what you should have done different that might have prevented the disaster. Don't feel this way, though, because it won't change anything, and you don't deserve to feel that way.

Time will help to heal the loss.

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica,I'm so sorry for both your losses. That's such an awful lot to cope with Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica, sorry to hear about your losses. This must be an extremely hard time for you and your sister. Keeping you in my prayers
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Oh what a very sad time ,pls take care thoughts and wishes from us all ,so sorry for you.

Bri and all
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica - I am so sorry to hear of your losses. A family loss is hard enough not to compound it with the loss of a pet. I'm so sorry you're family is going through such trying times.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

You and your family are in my thoughts Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear about your sad double loss, Take care
    Elaine and Cody

Post Thanks / Like

Jessica ,I'm so sorry to hear this. What a horrible week this must have been
    Lots of

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry to hear of your tragic losses - it's hard to lose both family members and our beloved companions, and when it happens at the same time, that's just awful.

Just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org