• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lola

nursejess80

This week has been a very hard week for my family. My grandmother passed early this morning with all of us by her side. Then, after my sister and I drove back to TN to collect our spouses before the services tomorrow and Monday, my sister's beloved English bulldog, Lola, died. There was a mishap with their gate and fence, and she and their other dog got out. They were unaware they were even out of the yard, and they ran onto a busy rode in our town. Lola was hit and killed, and our family is just devastated. I tried to find some photos on my computer of her, but they're all in print. She was 5 and was my sister's first "baby" before she had her 2 children. She was one of the sweetest and happiest dogs I've ever encountered and LOVED those children. I just wanted to share this as we are in need of prayers at this time.

Jessica

I'm so sorry, Jessica, for both your losses. That is a special experience to be able to gather the family to be at your grandmother's side, though, and I'm sure that meant a lot to all. :flwr: But then, how terrible for your sister to have this accident happen and lose Lola -- who sounds lovely -- so close to the loss of your grandmother. :( It would be hard enough as is but it can only compound the losses all around. My thoughts are with your family.

Oh Jessica, so sorry. Losing a family member and a beloved pet (also family member) together like that is just awful. But maybe Lola is with your grandmother.
I, too, lost a dog, a vizsla named Riley on New Years Eve 2003/04 when we were out of town and neighbors were watching our dogs. Apparently the fireworks excited him (he was a bird dog and thought fireworks were people hunting) and the dogs somehow lifted the chain link gate off it's hinges, escaped, and got killed out on a busy road. Fortunately a kind person rescued our other vizsla who was darting in and out of cars before she, too was killed and used the info on their tags to find us.

I understand the guilt that is felt when you wonder what you should have done different that might have prevented the disaster. Don't feel this way, though, because it won't change anything, and you don't deserve to feel that way.

Time will help to heal the loss.

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
:hug:

Jessica,I'm so sorry for both your losses. That's such an awful lot to cope with :( Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers :hug::hug:

Jessica, sorry to hear about your losses. This must be an extremely hard time for you and your sister. Keeping you in my prayers :flwr::flwr:

Hi

Oh what a very sad time ,pls take care thoughts and wishes from us all ,so sorry for you.

Bri and all

Jessica - I am so sorry to hear of your losses. A family loss is hard enough not to compound it with the loss of a pet. I'm so sorry you're family is going through such trying times.

You and your family are in my thoughts Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear about your sad double loss, Take care

Jessica ,I'm so sorry to hear this. What a horrible week this must have been:(
Lots of:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I'm so sorry to hear of your tragic losses - it's hard to lose both family members and our beloved companions, and when it happens at the same time, that's just awful.

Just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts

Thank you for all of your kind words and prayers! We buried my grandmother today, and my sister snuck a little picture of Lola in the casket with her in hopes that she would watch after her! My grandmother had a feeding tube the last year of her life, and she kept saying that she was looking forward to eating in heaven. We jokingly said today that while she was enjoying her meal, Lola was probably right at her feet ready to gobble up any crumbs. My sister and her husband were going to tell my 3 year old nephew about Lola tonight, so I'm hoping it went well. We've been out of town, so he hadn't missed her. Oh, and we had a scare with Ruby this weekend as well. She was staying with my best friend, and about 15 minutes after we left her at her house, Ruby shot out the door when her boyfriend was leaving. She headed straight for a busy 4 lane road and stopped short of it when she heard my friend screaming her name. I think she was probably trying to find us. I am so thankful to God that nothing else added to our sadness! Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!!

Im sorry that you are having such a sad time just now. The sadness is almost too much to bear at present I know , but later I'm sure you will find comfort in the fact that they were meant to go together. Thinking of you.

Back