• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

it was MY dog

Super Princess

oh dear god.
I havn't been on here for a long time, but i had to share this story with you.

Oliver had been alone most of the day..and i felt sorry for him. my friend and i were going to go out tonight...just to the beach or somewhere. so i desided to bring him along.

We ended up at the breakwater (you can walk along it and theres a light house at the end..)
anyways theres a small cafe there. and we both had to use the washroom.
so we clipped oliver to the railing and quickly headed inside.

i HATE leaving him alone because i always think..what if someome takes him?

so the whole time (all of two minutes) we were in there i was talking to my friend "what if someone takes im..my mom would kill me. (ha) how woudl i explane that to her?" (half kidding of course i wasnt really all that worried.
my friend was like "well olivers pretty smart right he woudlnt let anyone take him"
and im like "uh.no..hes not that smart..hed go with anyone who gave him the slightest bit of attention"

so we come outa the washroom..and two workers are rushign twards the door.
"what IS that noise?"-guy worker
"oh my god its a DOG" -girl worker.

my face goes red..as i hear the all too familure

"OWE OWE OWE OWE OWEEEEEEEEEEEE OWE OW OW OWE oWEEEEEE"
i rush after them im going "oh my god its MY dog..thats so embarrasing"
the whole restraunt heard him.

and then i get a lecture how i clipped him too close to the restraunt..and they could get sued ..and oh god..it just kept getting worse.
then she started giving him treats..haha

i walked away with my head hung in embarrasment.

haha if i didnt love him so much i would walked past and gone "wow whos dog is that? " hahaha

"OWE OWE OWE OWE OWEEEEE"

poor baby!:D

Sory but could u not have taking it in turns to go to the restroom. Why take that chance, seeing as u were fully aware what the risks were. Why take that risk.

I have to agree with Sallymum. I would NEVER leave Ollie on his own. I'd be so afraid that somebody would take him. Thankfully this wasnt the case in your situation and it all turned out fine, apart from the embarrassment ;)

I take my two in the toilet/restroom with me- its always a bit of a squeeze but at least I know they are safe :)

I too would never leave my dogs tied up anywhere..glad it turned out ok for you, but please don't take this risk again you may not be so lucky next time.

I have heard of too many people who lost their dogs this way.

My friend and I were sitting on a small shopping center patio having coffee and muffins last week waiting for a store to open its doors (at 9am). We had our dogs with us and were just enjoying the quiet morning. (This is in a very upscale neighborhood in Newport Beach.)

A very well dressed woman arrived with her impeccably groomed miniature poodle, and she tied the dogs leash to a potted tree outside the door of a grocery mart, and went inside! :bang: We sat in disbelief, and timed her shopping visit. She was inside that store for over 20 minutes before she returned to take her dog. We felt compelled to "babysit" the dog to make sure no one would run off with him while she was inside. When the woman came out, we commented that he could have easily been stolen, and she just replied that in "this neighborhood" that would never happen, then proceeded to get into her Mercedes Benz and drive away. Well, crooks often cruise the better neighborhoods looking for better stuff!

You must be so careful as little dogs are stolen in a flash of an instant. I am sure that was quite a scare for you and you will never repeat that mistake though! (y)

:lol: God! that must have been soo embarrassing icon_blshing

I think my two would probably do the same if I left them anywhere .

lol ~ Kosmo has actually sat on my lap when I went to the restroom before.. There was no room the stall and I didn't want him saying "hello!" to everybody else underneath :rolleyes:

lol ~ Kosmo has actually sat on my lap when I went to the restroom before.. There was no room the stall and I didn't want him saying "hello!" to everybody else underneath :rolleyes:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:
well this was the first...and DEFENTLY last time ive ever clipped and left him.
Although we joked (and i know in bad taste:p ) about how would we explain it to my mom...I felt where i left him was safe and i was confident nothing would happen to him.
I left him up on the patio near the enterence, rather then down the ramp near the public path. (still had i seen the sign that said 'no dogs past this point'..we woulda taken turns...)but i won't make that mistake twice....he sure let me know he was not too pleased.

haha, Ive takenh im in outhouses before when we were out walking the trails...haha..i donno how pleased he was about that..

as much as he loves to come on outtings and be with us..loves to drive. if i am going anywhere such as a shopping center or somewhere i know ill have to leave him..he dosn't come. I hate the thoguht of leaving him in the car. so grocery shopping he stays home for :D

Back