Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finn Had Surgery

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finn Had Surgery

After much frustration and no results, we took Finn to a new vet. They read his charts, examined him and immediately took him into surgery. He had been regurgating for hours at the other vet. She examined every square inch of his digestive tract and found no obstructions of twists or torsions of his bowel. She did find a small part of his bowel adhered to his bladder and she fixed it. His digestive tract is very inflamed and she biopsied it. She is 90 per cent sure he does not have cancer. She believes he suffers from something that in humans would be called irritable bowel or digestive syndrome. He will be treated with steriods and hopefully his regurgagation will cease. He will need steriods and a special bland diet from now on.

To top it all off my car died at the vets and no one would tow it to the dealer because it was an hour from the vets.

I need an exorcism or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rugbymom View Post
    After much frustration and no results, we took Finn to a new vet. They read his charts, examined him and immediately took him into surgery. He had been regurgating for hours at the other vet. She examined every square inch of his digestive tract and found no obstructions of twists or torsions of his bowel. She did find a small part of his bowel adhered to his bladder and she fixed it. His digestive tract is very inflamed and she biopsied it. She is 90 per cent sure he does not have cancer. She believes he suffers from something that in humans would be called irritable bowel or digestive syndrome. He will be treated with steriods and hopefully his regurgagation will cease. He will need steriods and a special bland diet from now on.

To top it all off my car died at the vets and no one would tow it to the dealer because it was an hour from the vets.

Fingers crossed that the black cloud leaves your area.
    I am so sorry to hear about Finns continuing issue. As rare as torsion is in smaller dogs-- I honestly thought he may have it. I hope all it is is IBD-- though I'd never heard of it causing major vomiting unless it was high in the digestive system.
    Best of luck to you both-- I hope your car issue is simple to fix.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry about your ordeal. It there still the possibility of Giardia?
    I am sure you feel like things can't get worse. The bright spot is you still have Finn. I hope you get a solid diagnosis soon as it seems that everyone is still guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping my fingers crossed that Finn will be much better after the surgery. What an ordeal you all have been through. My heart goes out to you....Judy

Post Thanks / Like

Really sorry to hear about all your troubles, but fingers crossed for Finn that he is now on his way to recovery.

The car thing is just typical isn't it? Any other time it would have been a nuisance, but these things just have to happen when you're in the worst possible situation. LIfe does have a nasty habit of doing this but I hope the worst is over for you now.

Please update asap.

Love to Finn from all here in Surrey.
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rugbymom View Post

Really sorry that you are having a bad time of it, really hope that finn is on the road to recovery and that they will be able to help him!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear the time you are having that finn is on the road to recovery
    Katie, mum to ruby 9 months old

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HI
    I hope Finn is better soon which i am sure he will be

Best Wishes

Brian
    Poppy
    daisy
    &
    Rosie
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Aww Rugbymum, you are really having a bad time of it
    I hope Finn is recovering well after his surgery Is he still at the Vets?

Sending lots of {{{{HUGZ}}} and positive vibes from Dublin, Ireland
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Did the new Vet say that this should fix the problem? What did they say about the possible Addison's disease? I know someone whose dog was very ill with Addison's, I can put you in touch with her if you want to know more. That was very brave to switch vet's and I'm sure very difficult, I had to do that too in the middle of an illness and was very glad I did.