Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about Pippa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worried about Pippa

Just tonight she has been squealing when I pick her up.....under her ribs I think.She is shiverng and is reluctant to jump up on chair which she normally does.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

Also she ate some grass this morning and didn't wee until about 5 this evening. She has pooped today. Don't know if any of that is relevant.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

does she have a temp? I'd take her to the vet to be safe. It could just be a tummy thing that lasts 24 hours or so (that has happened a few times with my dogs) but why take the chance and worry yourself to death.

Hope she is okay!

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'd take her to the vet in the morning and have her sleep near you so you know if she gets worse in the night. Shivering doesn't sound good. Can you ring the vet for advice?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Did you check her over Br*d to see if she migh have hurt herself on something? Maybe she pulled something?? Do you have any painkillers that you could give her until you can get to the vet?

I hope it's just a pulled muscle or something Probably best to not let her jump up on anything tonight. Keep us posted yeah?
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, she may be fine by morning.The symptoms are very vague at the moment and unlikely you'd find a vet at this hour.Hope you get a peaceful night and let us know how she is by morning.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Hope she's feeling better in the morning. Or that the vet can fix her quick. She's probably just overdone it a bit.
    And Dougal eats grass all the time. sometimes in the morning before his wee and sometimes on walks. I've long since stopped worrying about him eating grass because it seems to do him no harm whatsoever. He's as strong as an ox.

Thinking of you and pippa
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like

My Truman is going through the exact same thing right now. He yelps when we pick him up and won't jump on the couch, bed, etc...and if he does jump up, he cries when he lands. He can jump down fine, run, etc. He's been to two different vets, one 2 weeks ago (they put him on Rimadyl which he is now off of) and another one on Friday, and he was finally x-rayed. They didn't see anything wrong with his back / neck, so he's now on Robaxin (anti-inflammatory) and he also starts Metacam tomorrow, once the Rimadyl is out of his system. The vet thinks it's a pinched nerve caused by inflammation. I'm guessing the dogs were playing a bit rough and he got hurt.

He's also on STRICT cage rest, almost all day . I feel SO bad since he just loves to be with us at all times, but he can't heal if he's active. I also have him on Transfer Factor, MAX GXL, minerals and Antronex. I'm talking to my chinese doctor about another supplement I might order called Traumeel.

I would have him x-rayed first, to make sure it's not a bone / disc injury. Don't let him jump though, and I found if I have to pick up T his back has to be parallel to the ground, and I hold him close to me, and pick him up / put him down very slowly...then he usually doesn't cry. Good luck, and keep us posted!
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry she seems unwell. If you come to think she looks really worrying, then ring any branch of Anicare; there will be a mobile number to call 24 hours. They will tell you if she sounds like she needs to go in as an emergency.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

She is sleeping soundly at the minute and put her chest flat on the couch which took a while.
    BK