• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Worried about Pippa

brid kenny

Just tonight she has been squealing when I pick her up.....under her ribs I think.She is shiverng and is reluctant to jump up on chair which she normally does.

Also she ate some grass this morning and didn't wee until about 5 this evening. She has pooped today. Don't know if any of that is relevant.

does she have a temp? I'd take her to the vet to be safe. It could just be a tummy thing that lasts 24 hours or so (that has happened a few times with my dogs) but why take the chance and worry yourself to death.

Hope she is okay!

Yes I'd take her to the vet in the morning and have her sleep near you so you know if she gets worse in the night. Shivering doesn't sound good. Can you ring the vet for advice?

Did you check her over Bríd to see if she migh have hurt herself on something? Maybe she pulled something?? Do you have any painkillers that you could give her until you can get to the vet?

I hope it's just a pulled muscle or something :hug:probably best to not let her jump up on anything tonight. Keep us posted yeah?

Yeah, she may be fine by morning.The symptoms are very vague at the moment and unlikely you'd find a vet at this hour.Hope you get a peaceful night and let us know how she is by morning.
Sins

Hope she's feeling better in the morning. Or that the vet can fix her quick. She's probably just overdone it a bit.
And Dougal eats grass all the time. sometimes in the morning before his wee and sometimes on walks. I've long since stopped worrying about him eating grass because it seems to do him no harm whatsoever. He's as strong as an ox.

Thinking of you and pippa :flwr:

My Truman is going through the exact same thing right now. He yelps when we pick him up and won't jump on the couch, bed, etc...and if he does jump up, he cries when he lands. He can jump down fine, run, etc. He's been to two different vets, one 2 weeks ago (they put him on Rimadyl which he is now off of) and another one on Friday, and he was finally x-rayed. They didn't see anything wrong with his back / neck, so he's now on Robaxin (anti-inflammatory) and he also starts Metacam tomorrow, once the Rimadyl is out of his system. The vet thinks it's a pinched nerve caused by inflammation. I'm guessing the dogs were playing a bit rough and he got hurt.

He's also on STRICT cage rest, almost all day :(. I feel SO bad since he just loves to be with us at all times, but he can't heal if he's active. I also have him on Transfer Factor, MAX GXL, minerals and Antronex. I'm talking to my chinese doctor about another supplement I might order called Traumeel.

I would have him x-rayed first, to make sure it's not a bone / disc injury. Don't let him jump though, and I found if I have to pick up T his back has to be parallel to the ground, and I hold him close to me, and pick him up / put him down very slowly...then he usually doesn't cry. Good luck, and keep us posted! :flwr:

Sorry she seems unwell. If you come to think she looks really worrying, then ring any branch of Anicare; there will be a mobile number to call 24 hours. They will tell you if she sounds like she needs to go in as an emergency.

Hope she feels better soon. :flwr:

Did you check her over for thorns, anal gland abscess, any hidden matt that could be pulling/pinching?

Thanks everyone. Didn't have a great night with her as she wouldn't lie down to sleep. She isn't squealing when I lift her but she is shivering.

Hi
Brid Kenny
Did u manage to get a vet appointment for today??
PLease let us know how Pippa gets on.....get well soon Pippa:flwr:

Sorry to hear Pippa is unwell, hope you can get her to the vet today..fingers crossed it can be sorted quickly.

Definitely vet in that case.Hope you get a quick appointment and they can figure out what's going on.
Sins

Hope to read good news about Pippa soon.

I hope she is feeling better and not shivering anymore. :xfngr:

Back