• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kennel Club complaint to Ofcom

Jan Bell

You would think by now that the Kennel Club would start to realise that it was time to start reconsidering their position. Indeed, I thought that they might be after the recent statement they made.

But no - I have just heard that they have put in a formal complaint to Ofcom about the programme Pedigree Dogs Exposed.

With the Chief vet of the RSPCA and the Dogs Trust, plus the researchers and geneticists supporting this cause, they still think that the Kennel Club was unfairly criticised.

On the plus side, Ofcom is a very neutral body and not there to make judgements on an emotional basis or public opinion (as far as I understand), but on the facts of the matter, so I doubt if they will find much to criticise.

:sl*p: It's just disappointing that the Kennel Club are still trying to deflect the real issue of suffering dogs as if it doesn't exist and doesn't matter

Last edited:
Yes it is a risky tactic and will be very damaging for them if the complaint is rejected and a panel of scientists that has been assembled to consider evidence agrees with the premise of the documentary -- which is basic science, and well understood by anyone with basic genetics.

If that happens it begins to put pressure on the UK government to legislate in this area.

Back