Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedigree Dogs Exposed: part four

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Pedigree Dogs Exposed: part four

There are plans in the works to make it easier for all breeders and puppy buyers to get this kind of information. Almost every breeder I know who is breeding with an MRI and heart focus has a waiting list for puppies and I get a lot of enquiries every week for breeder contacts --plenty before Pedigree Dogs Exposed ever ran, so this is a growing demand from informed buyers, and even more since -- so people definitely want this information. And I know such breeders welcome buyers who have this health focus too are are very happy to go through MRI grading certs and often MRIs themselves and heart certs.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that maybe this is a breath of fresh air
    From the West England CKCS Club

The committee have decided to donate money from Club Funds to assist any member of the club wishing to have one of their dogs MRI scanned. The scheme will be limited to 25 dogs for the time being and £100 will be given to each owner on receipt of an invoice from the neurologist.
    Members wishing to take advantage of this scheme may use a neurologist of their choice and should contact the secretary Mrs. Diane Searle for further information.
    The CKCS Club (general) is now inviting out of country members to the Oct.5 meeting
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The committee have decided to donate money from Club Funds to assist any member of the club wishing to have one of their dogs MRI scanned. The scheme will be limited to 25 dogs for the time being and £100 will be given to each owner on receipt of an invoice from the neurologist.
    Members wishing to take advantage of this scheme may use a neurologist of their choice and should contact the secretary Mrs. Diane Searle for further information.
    That's a great idea.
    Last edited by *Pauline*; 15th September 2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: To include quote so you know what I thought was a good idea.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Club must be mad -- as must the KC -- to want the vast amount of negative publicity they will get for holding an SGM. All that money spent on media advisors and a website by the KC will pale in comparison to the UK media running with a story about how the club have done nothing similarly public about the ethics complaints formally made against the breeder of the Malvern dog, which presumably must follow the exact same procedure, vs the lone person willing to identify this problem. They must truly have absolutely no comprehension of how these actions caused revulsion in the broader public.

In addition the club cannot act outside its own rules -- it cannot remove someone from a committee if it has no procedure for doing so in club regulations; anyone who belonged to any college society will know this -- I'd have thought a national dog club would be more copped on than they seem to be. As I know lots of prominent lawyers through my job, I've already taken legal advice on the issue, which for free, I will give to the club -- you cannot do this! All it can do is follow its own procedures for acting on an ethics question -- and they have not done so with Margaret Carter, which will make any action null and void and an SGM meaningless. But the bigger picture is the real issue -- they must be insane if they think making this topic even uglier and more public will help them boost the breed's and club's image and address falling puppy sales! They will be the laughingstock of the KC while even more cavalier puppies will sit getting older and older and older and ultimately unsaleable. I wonder how many cavalier breeders with litters they haven't been able to sell will find the national papers covering their SGM would help sales? The best (and free!) advice I can give the CKCS Club is: get a good media advisor firm or ask to use the KCs and get some proper advice! In PR terms, you are positioning your head on the guillotine right now!

On the other topic -- That's a great initiative from the West England club.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I guess they have enough rope to hang themselves.

Just out of curiosity, will any journalists be covering this meeting?
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

The Club has to be totally not in touch with reality-it's enough to drive sane people nuts. Their own rules state

No dog which has a known physical defect that could be detrimental to the health and well being of the offspring or the breed in general should be used at stud.
    They object to this breach of rules, that no one was facing up to, being outed. How sad that they loose credibility but also be shown to have little integrity as a Club. These Club members make your head spin. Cavalier spaniels deserve a better representation.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know that at least two formal ethics complaints -- the very same issue which the club is calling the SGM for with Margaret Carter -- were filed at the same time (if not before the petition) about breeder Beverly Costello, owner of Beauella Radzinski, to the club committee. Yet an SGM has only been called regarding Margaret. The procedure must be the same for both.

The club and breeders are totally clueless if they think they will achieve anything but the most self-destructive and pyrrhic of victories attacking the person who finally stood up and said out loud what they not only KNOW goes on but in which many themselves choose to PARTICIPATE in -- versus responsibly addressing the actual problem of shoddy, immoral, unethical breeding practice.

Through their current actions, their desperation is brutally obvious -- to protect an outmoded, cruel system that disguises this kind of practice and allows them to do as they wish while foisting off puppies -- at a good cost! -- to the unwary pet owner who finances their hobby. It is sad that many good breeders are damaged by the perceptions created by those currently running through the streets with their lit torches, on the attack. BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU BUY!!

Surely this will go down in the history of the Kennel Club as one of the most foolish, asinine, self-centred actions ever. If the KC has not yet noticed the cliff it is standing on due to the actions of CKCS CLub at the moment, it will discover it soon enough (and that it wasted all that spin control money).

Just out of curiosity, will any journalists be covering this meeting?
    Let's just say there is a lot of interest in many quarters. It is a story handed to the national media on a plate. Several million people in the UK alone watched Pedigree Dogs Exposed. They will be very interested to learn what happened next.

Just a reminder -- people can also send a petition on issues that matter. Over 1000 people have signed this one to tell the KC to halt inbreeding.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

I'm reminded of Lisa T's post about Dublin Castle with the statue of Justice in the 18th c deliberately having a hole on one of her scales. Thus when it rained, the scales became imbalanced -
    If people are being dragged from the all over the Uk for this SGM then why not run another at the same time when as many members as possible are assembled?
    That way the rules of the club would be seen to be applied fairly across the board.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Theres another item on BBC Northwest tonight about dangerous dogs ,I hope there no Cavaliers in it.!
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

...could be in danger of being licked to death I suppose.........
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.