• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pedigree Dogs Exposed: part four

Ultimately Dog World is responsible. Have they ignored you? Is there contact information on the home page of the magazine?

Ultimately Dog World is responsible. Have they ignored you? Is there contact information on the home page of the magazine?
Yes the contact information is on the home page and I have the paper delivered weekly.
Yes I suppose they have ignored me, I have been trying to be patient and think maybe they have overload at the moment so feel that I should give them another few days ro reply. Mrs Inglis has modified her breed notes and said little about the posters on the papers website, so hopefully it will not happen.:mad:

The problem is - she already has your personal information and she cannot be trusted if you do anything that sparks her anger. For example, if you have a different opinion than hers and want to post a comment, which you are entitled to do. Someone at a higher level of management at Dog World needs to know this has happened to you twice already!

The problem is - she already has your personal information and she cannot be trusted if you do anything that sparks her anger. For example, if you have a different opinion than hers and want to post a comment, which you are entitled to do. Someone at a higher level of management at Dog World needs to know this has happened to you twice already!
I know my husband thought it threatening that she did this, when emotions are running so high one wonders what might happen next.

HOLLY DOLLY

Yes, I saw that and reported it as inappropriate, and I dont think I was the only one to do so.

I posted on behalf of Jemima after contacting her, and that was still on there yesterday, but I never saw Jemima's own post. What did she say, does anyone know?

I posted on behalf of Jemima after contacting her, and that was still on there yesterday, but I never saw Jemima's own post. What did she say, does anyone know?

Jemima told Norma that she was "cherry-picking the facts to support her argument" regarding Norma's response to Pauline about the SM protocol and the use of the Malvern BIS dog at stud. Jemima said the Malvern dog was diagnosed at 14 months with SM, making him a 'not to be bred' dog.

The next post following Jemima's was also deleted. It had pointed out that not only was the Malvern BIS dog diagnosed at 14 months with SM, but also he was at used at stud before age 2.5; so both the MVD and SM protocols were completely ignored.

I can't understand how factual posts are deleted, while the most provoking, untrue and inflammatory by a certain poster remain.

I've just been to the vet with my boy & the vet asked about my girl having to be pts with sm two weeks ago ( he had seen her once a few days before but hadnt actually put her to sleep, so it was nice that he remembered her)
He said a cavalier had presented soon after her with similar symptoms & had to be pts too.

For something that is supposedly rare & less than 2 % as some people insist I seem to hear about an awful lot of dogs suffering from it !

I'm hoping that since the BBC show aired, more people will notice the symptoms, have their cavaliers diagnosed and notify their breeders.

There needs to be a database of diagnosed cavaliers and perhaps their pedigrees. Otherwise club breeders could hide the facts.

I remember when Charlie had his decompression surgery; at every appointment the neurosurgeon told me how many cavalier decompressions he had done recently. Cavaliers were being brought in to him from out of state for decompression surgery.

I've just been to the vet with my boy & the vet asked about my girl having to be pts with sm two weeks ago ( he had seen her once a few days before but hadnt actually put her to sleep, so it was nice that he remembered her)

I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

Thankyou. its still strange withought her.....

Her original vet refused to give her the gabapentin so I took her to my current vet who prescribed it for her .

I like this vet because he always remembers to ask about my other dogs & admitted he didnt know anything about sm & read the treatment chart I took along. its an hours drive away but i'd rather go to him than use the usless local vet

she had two good scratch free days but unfortunatly she was just too far advanced & had a terrible screaming attack when the drugs wore off So I had to let her go.....

Back