Thread: Update on Pippa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Pippa

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I brought her to the vet this morning. He said that from what I was describing and an initial examination of her that she might be experiencing back pain. So of course the next sentence was the mention of the possibility of SM.
    He gave her pain meds. If she's not feeling better in a week he will take bloods and after that , if necessary, we go further.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Dear,
    Has she responded to the pain meds yet Brid? Poor pet deserves to feel comfortable.Seems like the vet is being reasonable and keeping an open mind.How are you feeling?
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously you are at the Vets now ,the best place ,but you mentioned Pippa was eating grass. Sometimes a sign of poorly tums, sometimes making dogs arch their backs and feel really bad. Hope Pippa responds and you find it is something simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

She could of just pulled something BrĂ*d that's all it is and she will recover fully after some rest and anti - inflams.
    Get well soon PIPPA
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

She may well have pulled something this has happened Gus on two occasions and he was fine after a week on anti-inflams..fingers crossed that's all it is, and hugs to pippa.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

At least your vet is caring for Pippa and exploring all the possibilities. Please keep us posted and will send up arrow prayers that this is something easily remedied and Pippa is feeling better soon.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

I'm after posting on the other thread looking for an update. Always doing that!

It's awful when they can't tell you exactly what's wrong. But it's so easy to just pull somthing or twist a funny way. It's a pity pippa can't talk. Hope that she feels better soon
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like

If it is anything back related these are excellent

Gilabbey Vet Hospital
    Togher
    Co Cork
    www.vetscork.ie
    Shane Guerin

Zak had spine surgery here over the weekend here and the vet is meant to be the best in the country. Possibly get her MRI'd too if they think it's neurological or they may do some spine XRays or Myelogram where they put a dye into the spinal cord and XRay to check it out.

The next date for MRI is 3rd October (Beau has to get one) at UCD. Let your vet know this, if you miss it you will be waiting at least 6 weeks or until they have 3 animals for the MRI machine to come.

Hope that helps. I will say a prayer for the little darling.
    Tara Choules (MAPDT 00852, CAP 1&2, HNC CBT)
    Zak, Beau and Boomer (Cavaliers dressed as Sausage dogs and Schnauzers)
    www.DogTrainingIreland.ie
    Online Store www.dogtrainingireland.ie/shop

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Pippa is sorted soon! I agree with Evelyn that her symptoms, the grass the arching the back and looking uncomfortable sound like tummy trouble, too. I've seen that before myself. That would actually be the better of the scenarios, I'd think.