• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on Pippa

brid kenny

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I brought her to the vet this morning. He said that from what I was describing and an initial examination of her that she might be experiencing back pain. So of course the next sentence was the mention of the possibility of SM.
He gave her pain meds. If she's not feeling better in a week he will take bloods and after that , if necessary, we go further.

Oh Dear,
Has she responded to the pain meds yet Brid? Poor pet deserves to feel comfortable.Seems like the vet is being reasonable and keeping an open mind.How are you feeling?
Sins

Obviously you are at the Vets now ,the best place ,but you mentioned Pippa was eating grass. Sometimes a sign of poorly tums, sometimes making dogs arch their backs and feel really bad. Hope Pippa responds and you find it is something simple.

She could of just pulled something Bríd :xfngr: that's all it is and she will recover fully after some rest and anti - inflams.
Get well soon PIPPA :flwr: :hug:

She may well have pulled something this has happened Gus on two occasions and he was fine after a week on anti-inflams..fingers crossed that's all it is, and hugs to pippa.

At least your vet is caring for Pippa and exploring all the possibilities. Please keep us posted and will send up arrow prayers that this is something easily remedied and Pippa is feeling better soon. :hug:

I'm after posting on the other thread looking for an update. Always doing that!

It's awful when they can't tell you exactly what's wrong. But it's so easy to just pull somthing or twist a funny way. It's a pity pippa can't talk. Hope that she feels better soon
:flwr:

If it is anything back related these are excellent

Gilabbey Vet Hospital
Togher
Co Cork
www.vetscork.ie
Shane Guerin

Zak had spine surgery here over the weekend here and the vet is meant to be the best in the country. Possibly get her MRI'd too if they think it's neurological or they may do some spine XRays or Myelogram where they put a dye into the spinal cord and XRay to check it out.

The next date for MRI is 3rd October (Beau has to get one) at UCD. Let your vet know this, if you miss it you will be waiting at least 6 weeks or until they have 3 animals for the MRI machine to come.

Hope that helps. I will say a prayer for the little darling.

I hope Pippa is sorted soon! I agree with Evelyn that her symptoms, the grass the arching the back and looking uncomfortable sound like tummy trouble, too. I've seen that before myself. That would actually be the better of the scenarios, I'd think.

Back